Langosta39

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Waiting on '21 F350 Tremor 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Chevy Volt
Hi All,

I just got my '21 with the 5'er/gooseneck prep package. In the bed is a 7/12 pin connector and in the back seat was a kit with the yaw sensor that plugs into the 12 pin. On the bumper is a 7/4 connector.

I've read if I buy the Customer Place Camera WITH TPMS it comes with a new 7/12 receptacle for the bumper so I can plug in the camera and the TPMS. Looking at pictures of the kit I can see that connector, too.

My question is about ordering the Customer Place Camera WITHOUT TPMS. I can't find any photos of the kit or threads on the internet about it. For $350 it seems like it should include the new 7/12 connector, but I'd really like to know. If it doesn't then I'd have to run the camera cable over the tailgate into the bed's 12 pin connector...not cool. Right now the non-TPMS kit is 4 weeks out for my dealer, and if it doesn't have the new connector then I would rather order the $700 kit with the TPMS and have it all work and be easy.

It's probably a good thing to have the TPMS even on mid-weight trailers...although I'd like to know if I can put TPMS sensors in all my trailers and have them sync easily, or do I need the $700 kit for each trailer.

Thanks all

I’m not sure I can answer all your questions but can provide some insight. I have the kit that I bought back in 17. It came with the 7/12 plug for the bumper, the wire harness which includes the TPMS receiver, and TPMS valve stems. I did not get the camera. On the trailer side of things is a wiring harness that has the TPMS receiver unit and a plug in for a camera. The truck does not get TPMS wirelessly from the trailer. That receiver unit gets it and sends it through that 12 pin connector. If I wanted to add a second trailer with it I would have to order another wire harness for the second trailer and more TPMS sensors for those tires.

That is helpful, thanks for sharing!

That link is for the kit with the TPMS as are all videos I've found.

I might be wrong in my assumption that the Customer Placed Camera kit and the Customer Placed Camera with TPMS kit are mutually exclusive... possibly to use the camera you need to buy both? i.e. the TPMS kit gets you the wires and connector for the truck and the $300 just gets you a camera and wires tonrun from the front of the trailer to the camera on the back?

I have the kit with camera only on the way, I am fairly sure it comes with a new 7/12 for the bumper but I'll let you know whenever it shows up.

I have the kit with camera only on the way, I am fairly sure it comes with a new 7/12 for the bumper but I'll let you know whenever it shows up.
Thank you!!

any kit you buy is supposed to come with the plug. i don't think ford expects you to have 9 trailers so they think maybe one or two and so you need to buy a new kit for each trailer

My kit arrived at the dealer, so I'll find out on Tuesday when I pick it up. Edit-- they were wrong, it's not here till Jan 26

Last edited:
Did anyone get one yet?
Also, is the trailer camera compatible with the backup assist? If so, how does it connect? Seems like there would be 3 plugs required - 1 for the camera, 1 for backup assist, one 7-pin...?

Did anyone get one yet?
Also, is the trailer camera compatible with the backup assist? If so, how does it connect? Seems like there would be 3 plugs required - 1 for the camera, 1 for backup assist, one 7-pin...?
The backup assist just uses the tailgate camera for a bumper pull trailer to which you apply special stickers, so no connector needed there. For 5th wheel or gooseneck there is a yaw sensor that gets wired to the trailer for backup assist and it has a 12 pin connector (with just 2 pins used) that plugs into the bed-installed 7 over 12 connector that comes with the 5th wheel prep package.

The camera plugs into a 7 over 12 that is installed in the bumper. However, by default the bumper has a 7 over 4 connection. The running assumption is that the camera kit (definitely the camera and TPMS kit, not sure about just the camera kit) comes with the replacement 7/12 connector for the bumper.

Got the camera only package today and cracked it open but haven't tried installing anything yet. It does indeed come with a new connector to replace the one in the bumper and make it identical to the one in the bed (w 5th wheel prep).

Will update whenever I get around to installing - too much snow right now haha.

This was part number LC3Z-1A189-F.

Attachments

• 16097916881636811546336004563248.jpg
    16097916881636811546336004563248.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 60
Awesome! Thank you very much for reporting back.

On YouTube there are videos of people installing the plug, the only trick is getting to the connector that is hiding above the spare tire. When you know where it is you can do it in about 60 seconds, but if you don't then you might be tempted to drop the spare to get to it, and the video shows exactly where to look/reach:

I’m not sure I can answer all your questions but can provide some insight. I have the kit that I bought back in 17. It came with the 7/12 plug for the bumper, the wire harness which includes the TPMS receiver, and TPMS valve stems. I did not get the camera. On the trailer side of things is a wiring harness that has the TPMS receiver unit and a plug in for a camera. The truck does not get TPMS wirelessly from the trailer. That receiver unit gets it and sends it through that 12 pin connector. If I wanted to add a second trailer with it I would have to order another wire harness for the second trailer and more TPMS sensors for those tires.
Is the camera waterproof?

Never mind
SS.jpg

Hi All,

I just got my '21 with the 5'er/gooseneck prep package. In the bed is a 7/12 pin connector and in the back seat was a kit with the yaw sensor that plugs into the 12 pin. On the bumper is a 7/4 connector.

I've read if I buy the Customer Place Camera WITH TPMS it comes with a new 7/12 receptacle for the bumper so I can plug in the camera and the TPMS. Looking at pictures of the kit I can see that connector, too.

My question is about ordering the Customer Place Camera WITHOUT TPMS. I can't find any photos of the kit or threads on the internet about it. For $350 it seems like it should include the new 7/12 connector, but I'd really like to know. If it doesn't then I'd have to run the camera cable over the tailgate into the bed's 12 pin connector...not cool. Right now the non-TPMS kit is 4 weeks out for my dealer, and if it doesn't have the new connector then I would rather order the $700 kit with the TPMS and have it all work and be easy.

It's probably a good thing to have the TPMS even on mid-weight trailers...although I'd like to know if I can put TPMS sensors in all my trailers and have them sync easily, or do I need the $700 kit for each trailer.

Thanks all
Somewhere I seen a video of a guy mounting the camera on the side of his truck bed to monitor something he was hauling. I just plugged the camera into my 5th wheel hitch connection and it won't give me a picture. Anyone has any G2 on this?

Somewhere I seen a video of a guy mounting the camera on the side of his truck bed to monitor something he was hauling. I just plugged the camera into my 5th wheel hitch connection and it won't give me a picture. Anyone has any G2 on this?
On my truck I had to hook up the connection behind the bumper to enable the 12-pin. Assume the 5th wheel connection in your bed has the 12-pin... If so you may need to enable it as well. I can dig out my instructions and send you a picture if necessary...

On my truck I had to hook up the connection behind the bumper to enable the 12-pin. Assume the 5th wheel connection in your bed has the 12-pin... If so you may need to enable it as well. I can dig out my instructions and send you a picture if necessary...
I figured it out. Sad story...I tried the 12 pin on my 5th wheel and it didn't work. The screen in the cab was blue with "for trailer use only" on the screen. So I thought maybe the wiring harness was different between the two. I ended up replacing the bumper plug with the provided 12 pin and the camera worked. What I noticed was the cable make a loud click when I attached the bumper cable which it didn't do when I tried to connect it in the box on the 5th wheel hitch. So then I tried the box connection again and pushed hard till I heard it click and sure enough, it worked. I then put the old connector back in the bumper because I didn't like the look of the 12 pin on the bumper and it was loose no matter what I did to it. Clear as mud?

Short story, I didn't push hard enough the first time.

I figured it out. Sad story...I tried the 12 pin on my 5th wheel and it didn't work. The screen in the cab was blue with "for trailer use only" on the screen. So I thought maybe the wiring harness was different between the two. I ended up replacing the bumper plug with the provided 12 pin and the camera worked. What I noticed was the cable make a loud click when I attached the bumper cable which it didn't do when I tried to connect it in the box on the 5th wheel hitch. So then I tried the box connection again and pushed hard till I heard it click and sure enough, it worked. I then put the old connector back in the bumper because I didn't like the look of the 12 pin on the bumper and it was loose no matter what I did to it. Clear as mud?

Short story, I didn't push hard enough the first time.
That's success in my book!!

I used the clip above the spare tire for this aftermarket aux bed camera to line up my gooseneck so I don't have to get out and check.

Last edited:
Back