Joey Lea

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Current Ride
Los Angeles
First Responder
police
For any Ford owners frustrated by the lack of wireless carplay I use a cplay2air adapter for wireless access.

I had been using it in my Edge 2018 for the past year and the connection was a nightmare.

First 2 days with it in the Santa Cruz I was getting frequent restarts.

I updated the firmware last evening and it immediately seemed more stable but sometime I still almost get nut by it.

So I did order an Carlinkit 3.0 which is based on a newer version the hardware that is supposedly faster and more stable. I'll update this thread for comparisons once I get it.

Got a Carlinkit 3.0 today - had issues with it not doing anything until I realized that I had plugged the USB-C end of the cable into the car and the USB-A end into the Carlinkit module - it goes the other way...... Once that was straightened out, it worked perfectly. Very responsive - couldn't tell the difference between wired and wireless. Can't say anything about the reliability of the connection though as I have only used it a few minutes.

Got a Carlinkit 3.0 today - had issues with it not doing anything until I realized that I had plugged the USB-C end of the cable into the car and the USB-A end into the Carlinkit module - it goes the other way...... Once that was straightened out, it worked perfectly. Very responsive - couldn't tell the difference between wired and wireless. Can't say anything about the reliability of the connection though as I have only used it a few minutes.
Bro, you're so lucky. My adapter also arrived, but I'm on a business trip and haven't installed it, hope my adapter works as well as yours.

I’ll give it a few weeks or months and let you know how it’s holding up. So far so good! Installed it yesterday. Works as advertised with almost no delay. I actually get a longer delay directly wired to the USB in the “ashtray” compartment.

Did you see any links? I just want to share with those who are interested in wireless adapter.
I have a 22 that has it built in and I'd still rather use Bluetooth. If I need nav on, I'll use the cable. Wireless carplay sucks

Back