Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
21 F250 7.3L Antimatter Lariat Ult/Blk Tremor
Current Ride #2
2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Is anyone running 4in blocks in back with stock springs? Any issues with rear brake lines under flex? Longer shocks needed? Bump stops ok still?
Installing my Carli Commuter soon which will lift the front suspension ~1.5in. This will remove ~1.5in of rake from the the truck as I plan to run the rear stock (for now). Adding one inch to the rear blocks (3in to 4in) will give me back some of that rake and keep my front from pointing skyward under load and when towing. I like the look too - may be strange to some, but I don’t like a “level” truck. Full progressive deavers and air bags are in my future, but probably a year or two out. I also like changing as few variables as I can step by step to test/validate things so I can “feel” the changes - plus it keeps the CPA (wife) from hitting me with a painful audit.
Thanks in advance - RLTW!
201E5249-0BE0-4FA8-8CE6-B55859FD0C8A.jpeg

I've had about 12k miles doing as you described (one inch lift in the back, everything else stock) with zero ill effect. This includes going on a few off road trails. I will eventually upgrade the shocks, spring pack, etc in due time. They're still holding strong for now.

More pics of those bronze methods?
Sure thing! She’s dirty…
At the tire shop getting four new Goodyear radials slapped on the trailer. Chinese bias ply tires lasted about 8000 miles.
C5B2A88A-2188-4272-868E-517922ECC772.jpeg
AC25635D-44C8-4558-B58B-790B115B20B3.jpeg
684C3CC6-393E-439F-B57A-A28E67B36076.jpeg
FBBB9686-C698-4E79-98F3-0BDBFF2F3F45.jpeg
C710F3CD-933F-4BC8-BAB9-9E73FC595F4D.jpeg

FYSA - center cap caps are held on with only three hex bolts; others are for looks only. This gives me full access to the hubs in the event I have a vacuum failure and need to manually lock them. I put a mark on the three real bolts and keep the Allen wrench in the glove box so I can get to the hubs quickly if need be.

Is anyone running 4in blocks in back with stock springs? Any issues with rear brake lines under flex? Longer shocks needed? Bump stops ok still?
Installing my Carli Commuter soon which will lift the front suspension ~1.5in. This will remove ~1.5in of rake from the the truck as I plan to run the rear stock (for now). Adding one inch to the rear blocks (3in to 4in) will give me back some of that rake and keep my front from pointing skyward under load and when towing. I like the look too - may be strange to some, but I don’t like a “level” truck. Full progressive deavers and air bags are in my future, but probably a year or two out. I also like changing as few variables as I can step by step to test/validate things so I can “feel” the changes - plus it keeps the CPA (wife) from hitting me with a painful audit.
Thanks in advance - RLTW!View attachment 28804

BA truck! Still at stock hieght right now?

Back