Choosing deployable steps 18E

hold24

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 f250 King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
I ordered a 22 f250 King Ranch Tremor and it came in with the steel steps. I reqested the deployable. I just ordered a new truck and chose the deployable option again but the code does'nt show up on the invoice the dealer sent me . Has anybody ordered deployable steps and what was the process to get them on there.. The code is 18E

Last edited:
Do you have a copy of the dealer's DORA? 4/23 I ordered a Lariat Tremor with the 18E deployable running boards and it is showing on the DORA (“Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement”). The DORA is exactly what Ford will build. You have to request a copy from your dealer. Not normally given to customers. The dealer paperwork can show anything they want it to show. The DORA is showing what the dealer actually ordered from Ford. Chances are that your dealer did not enter the order correctly.

Do you have a copy of the dealer's DORA? 4/23 I ordered a Lariat Tremor with the 18E deployable running boards and it is showing on the DORA (“Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement”). The DORA is exactly what Ford will build. You have to request a copy from your dealer. Not normally given to customers. The dealer paperwork can show anything they want it to show. The DORA is showing what the dealer actually ordered from Ford. Chances are that your dealer did not enter the order correctly.
Yes, agree. Also, did you go over all the options on the order with the dealer and sign the order agreement with options detailed out? I know I had to do this when I ordered. The order will automatically change it to the solid “raptor style” running boards when the Tremor package is selected, but the dealer should be able to change it back after the Tremor selection.

Yes, agree. Also, did you go over all the options on the order with the dealer and sign the order agreement with options detailed out? I know I had to do this when I ordered. The order will automatically change it to the solid “raptor style” running boards when the Tremor package is selected, but the dealer should be able to change it back after the Tremor selection.
I built the order and sent it too him. He sent me back a build sheet with the msrp and invoice to sign.. Just didnt have that code on there.. Ford aknowledged the order but he said he was waiting to get something back from ford . Would that be the Dora ? Does anybody have an example of the Dora ?

I built the order and sent it too him. He sent me back a build sheet with the msrp and invoice to sign.. Just didnt have that code on there.. Ford aknowledged the order but he said he was waiting to get something back from ford . Would that be the Dora ? Does anybody have an example of the Dora ?
The DORA is what you must see. If you have confirmation from Ford, The dealer has the DORA. Ford will not confirm to you before sending the DORA to the dealer.

I placed an order way back in 23 model year for my F350 specifying the deployable steps and when it came time for my dealer to convert the order to a 2024 model they inadvertently left this option off and I didn’t catch it. Really was disappointed when the vehicle came in without it. But my dealer and sales agent volunteered to modify at their cost and add them using the AMP aftermarket steps and I couldn’t be more happy with them. They are better than the Ford OEM version (quicker,quieter and more solid). So the moral to my story and lesson to be learned is don’t be afraid to add them later! One of the best investments you can make, especially if you’re 70 years old with metal hip replacements and not yet ready to give up on cool looking trucks!

For me it seems like some packages force you to drop the power boards. REALLY a PITA to figure it all out after the fact. I'm at the point to order two trucks to see what shows up the way you want it.

My dealer says the package orders are confusing but you CAN get them with any package. If your dealer can’t figure it out ask him to call his zone rep for clarification

Confusing, needless to say.

My '22 King Ranch with the Ultimate Package forced the power steps despite trying to swap them for the Tremor boards during the order.

I took delivery like so and had the dealer swapped them on the spot.

Still have the power steps sitting in storage, never used.

Last edited:
It seems like this is the most common dealer order screw up. If you order a Tremor, you will not get them unless they are listed on the order. If you order a high trim level without Tremor package you will get them. They are available on anything with a center console but not with a 40/20/40 bench seat. When my truck got rolled over from a 23 to 24 they forgot them, but I caught it right away. Make sure that the dealer knows that you will not take the truck without them.

You can't get power running boards if you have the 40/20/40 front seat. I'm happy with the Raptor style for door ding protection and blocking rocks kicked up by the tires.

I think when they place the order, they have to select Tremor package first, then go back and select the power boards. If power boards are selected first, the Tremor package with standard boards will override.

Update There on the Dora... So I'm good but know I'm questioning the interior code . I want Onyx/Carmelo but it just says onyx for interior. does anybody know the code for the tan seats ? This dealership is bound to mess up my order !

Update There on the Dora... So I'm good but know I'm questioning the interior code . I want Onyx/Carmelo but it just says onyx for interior. does anybody know the code for the tan seats ? This dealership is bound to mess up my order !
You might look at the other thread. Some reports of the brown interior no longer available.

You might look at the other thread. Some reports of the brown interior no longer available.
I think thats for the Baja interior for the Lariats but I havent heard that on the upgraded platiumn

Back