Chearper to buy or build a Tremor

On the superduty I think the 2 biggest factors that would eat the difference quick is the front limited slip cost plus install (you could get a nicer unit but just talking cost)

Tires add up quick as well, the wheels aren’t special they are just black.

crawl control and ect sure you need the package for them but with that said a skilled driver can achieve similar results.

I went back and forth with just going fx4 then upgrading tires/wheels/level later decided the front limited slip was the main factor for me. Also the slow speed control has been sweet to use.

Well, you couldn't "build" everything a SD Tremor has, particularly the electronics. Sure, the majority of the hardware could be purchased and installed on a non-Tremor SD, but, as others have said, you likely couldn't get the parts alone for the factory asking price even if you are a good enough wrench to do the install.

IDK if it would be cheaper, but it would have definitely saved me money. The Tremor package was under $4k when I purchased my Tremor. Originally I didn't want it, but the sales person recommended it. I usually ignore everything they say. But for some reason I took his suggestion and ordered a Tremor instead of the FX4. When it was delivered, I was so excited. The truck looked huge to me that day. Like Bigfoot. In fact, it took me a minute to even get inside. I was like WTF did I just buy. Shortly thereafter, I wanted it even more special. So each spring I treat myself to an upgrade. First a lift, then wheels and tires, and a few other goodies. I've never made a truck my own before. Long story short, I needed the Tremor to get me over the edge. While I've replaced many of the Tremor specific parts, I'm glad I got the package. I'd probably do it all over again because I like an OEM look. So to me it was worth it.

tempImage2AZ5yb.jpg

On the superduty I think the 2 biggest factors that would eat the difference quick is the front limited slip cost plus install (you could get a nicer unit but just talking cost)

Tires add up quick as well, the wheels aren’t special they are just black.

crawl control and ect sure you need the package for them but with that said a skilled driver can achieve similar results.

I went back and forth with just going fx4 then upgrading tires/wheels/level later decided the front limited slip was the main factor for me. Also the slow speed control has been sweet to use.
I love the trail crawl. Down near the Grand Canyon some places are pretty rough and I set it for ~3 MPH and it just chugs.

IDK if it would be cheaper, but it would have definitely saved me money. The Tremor package was under $4k when I purchased my Tremor. Originally I didn't want it, but the sales person recommended it. I usually ignore everything they say. But for some reason I took his suggestion and ordered a Tremor instead of the FX4. When it was delivered, I was so excited. The truck looked huge to me that day. Like Bigfoot. In fact, it took me a minute to even get inside. I was like WTF did I just buy. Shortly thereafter, I wanted it even more special. So each spring I treat myself to an upgrade. First a lift, then wheels and tires, and a few other goodies. I've never made a truck my own before. Long story short, I needed the Tremor to get me over the edge. While I've replaced many of the Tremor specific parts, I'm glad I got the package. I'd probably do it all over again because I like an OEM look. So to me it was worth it.

View attachment 52727
Love the truck. So envious of your garage!

View attachment 52727
That is a tight rig. I'd love to replicate that stance but the wife already complains about climbing into the stock Tremor. I had a 2017 F250 FX4 and it seems the Tremor is a foot taller (I know it's only a few inches, in reality).

Back