ceramic coat update

Look at the beginning of this thread, so far I'd say yes. And if your comfortable doing paint correction yourself it is worth doing it yourself. What cons have you heard?
I thought there was a whole other thread that addressed this, the cons I mean. I didn't watch the video in that thread but could just be a sales ploy.

This thread:

Look at the beginning of this thread, so far I'd say yes. And if your comfortable doing paint correction yourself it is worth doing it yourself. What cons have you heard?
Yes I did read the entire thread. I’ve read this thread and posts on a few other sites. Appears to be about 60+ in favor of doing it with most opting to have it professionally done. The biggest question that I have seen on other sites was why would you do that to a new paint/vehicle that has a clear coat. Also using alcohol on the entire surface to clean it. I know the alcohol won’t hurt paint. I could See doing it for older paint/ vehicles. I’m not an expert on paint. Just looking for as much info as possible before potentially taking the plunge.

Serious question here. I’ve read pros and cons to doing ceramic to a new vehicle / new paint. Is a good idea to do?
Yes

easy to color correct and will protect the finish

I have all my vehicles done, even my motorcycles. Thinking about my 5th wheel and my boats. now

I have it on mine. I also did paint protective film on the tire front of the truck as well as along the entire rocker. I basically took a look at the chips on my old truck and that’s where I put the film. After that they applied Ceramic Pro. I have it on two other vehicles and it’s flat out amazing. Bottom line, these are spendy trucks and ceramic is very hard once set up. If it’s it not done properly or evenly your stuck with it. Also, you CAN SCRATCH ceramic coatings. Although it’s hard as nails you can still scratch it. I had the truck paint corrected, filmed and then coated before I put a mile on it. Couldn’t be more happy. Take a hose to it, use a good clean microfiber soap applicator and auto specific soap, spray it off, dry it and it’s Showroom clean again. It will stay like that for years depending on the product. Highly recommend it if done by a pro using a professional product. If they don’t paint correct, the job isn’t right. Do your homework. That’s my two pennies.

I will say my brother in law did it and it looks great (really what got me interested). That being said, I paid 45 bucks after a online coupon I found, and after the performance I just experienced, even if I have to do it yearly I think I'm gonna keep it DIY.

Did you need one or two bottles to get it done?

I have it on mine. I also did paint protective film on the tire front of the truck as well as along the entire rocker. I basically took a look at the chips on my old truck and that’s where I put the film. After that they applied Ceramic Pro. I have it on two other vehicles and it’s flat out amazing. Bottom line, these are spendy trucks and ceramic is very hard once set up. If it’s it not done properly or evenly your stuck with it. Also, you CAN SCRATCH ceramic coatings. Although it’s hard as nails you can still scratch it. I had the truck paint corrected, filmed and then coated before I put a mile on it. Couldn’t be more happy. Take a hose to it, use a good clean microfiber soap applicator and auto specific soap, spray it off, dry it and it’s Showroom clean again. It will stay like that for years depending on the product. Highly recommend it if done by a pro using a professional product. If they don’t paint correct, the job isn’t right. Do your homework. That’s my two pennies.
agreed, well said

I posted a while back about putting Armor Shield IX ceramic on my truck. Well I spent this weekend in the desert dragging the truck through sage brush and dust. When we returned home the only thing I did was spray it down with a hose and blew it off with a leaf blower. I am at a loss for words, in the past I would be washing it and spending a few hours cutting and polishing with a DA. There is not one scratch on the truck that I can see. This stuff is Legit!!! It will now be going on the wife's explorer.

View attachment 3332View attachment 3333
Thank you for the post. My truck goes in Monday to have this done.

Thank you for the post. My truck goes in Monday to have this done.
Detailer called truck is done early and the smoothness of the paint is incredible. Ceramic Coating is the way to do.. If you have it done when you first get your truck it is less hard work for you or the detailing shop and it will be more cost efficient. He even did my wheels.

Attachments

• 20200816_112218.jpg
    20200816_112218.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200816_112311.jpg
    20200816_112311.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200816_112203.jpg
    20200816_112203.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200816_112230.jpg
    20200816_112230.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200816_112243.jpg
    20200816_112243.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 52
I finally got mine ceramic coated. I didn’t have them do the windows or wheels. It was like I was picking up my new truck all over again except it looks even better than the first time!!
CE505002-D7DD-405A-BBF4-786E853508B9.jpeg

Ceramic pro is amazing

Back