Central TX hailstorm 5/9

What’s the verdict? Any dents?

Living where hail like this doesn't happen, what does it do to your homes? It must hammer the shit out of your roofs and windows?

I took the F250 and my sons lifted 1500 which neither will fit in the garage down to a parking garage that has 8’4” clearance. Caught an uber home and was the best piece of mind for $25.

That being said, living in DFW this is a constant this time of the year. I have to really think through the size of lift I put on… factory Tremor height already makes a lot of parking garages around here a challenge, but would like to keep it so that it can clear 8’ parking garages
I hear ya. I’m just south of Denton. I’m always hiding from the hail 🤦

Check out this recent news segment where they visit a company that specializes in testing roofing materials for how they hold up to hail:

IMG_3954.jpeg

Sounds like mine should be fine until it sees 4” hail at 110 mph. That would tear some stuff up quickly.

Couple small dings on tailgate and hood. Nothing to cry about or worry about getting PDR.

More concerningly, broken driver side taillamp. Cracked in two spots.

OLKj7Dj.jpeg

KY2zsJt.jpeg
Dammit

Sorry to hear it man. Nothing lasts forever as they say. Just this week someone backed into my "new to me" truck, as well as using it for a landing pad while unloading their goods. Scuffed up the bumper, hood, headlight and emblem.

Sorry to hear it man. Nothing lasts forever as they say. Just this week someone backed into my "new to me" truck, as well as using it for a landing pad while unloading their goods. Scuffed up the bumper, hood, headlight and emblem.
Are they in the hospital?

Sounds like mine should be fine until it sees 4” hail at 110 mph. That would tear some stuff up quickly.
I know you are just mentioning this from the video, but I was chatting again with friends in Johnson City (1hr SW of Austin) and there were people that had holes in their roof. Crazy.

I know you are just mentioning this from the video, but I was chatting again with friends in Johnson City (1hr SW of Austin) and there were people that had holes in their roof. Crazy.
Damn thats wild.

Just a plug for the hail protector... Can protect against any size hail

View attachment 155823
This looks like a PITA to set up. For you guys that live in this environment, here's an invention design to pursue. Someone needs to come up with an inflatable awning that can sit up there where the rain gutter over the garage door is and inflate like emergency slide from an airplane out over a vehicle. Hook it up to Wi-Fi so it can be set to go off remotely or with a sensor.

Back