Camera issues 23 Tremor

Jprrs

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F-250 Lariat Tremor
Anyone had this problem? Backup camera is black when in reserve and none of the other cameras on vehicle work either, all just black screens… Message displays after a minute stating “ camera is not operating, please contact dealer “. Took it to ford and they have not a clue what is causing it and I didn’t have time to leave it there for weeks. 23 Lariat tremor.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 32
I've had these issues on my 21 and now my 24. The cameras that Ford uses are shit to be honest as are the gateway module and image processing module. It could be anything from a loose connection to a crappy code version on one of the modules to failing hardware.

For me, initially, it was loose connections. However, in my 24 it is looking like it is the gateway module and image processing module. Before I used Forscan to remove the black box on the cameras, I would get non-illuminated codes for this all the time. Now, I will get them every couple of days where it will say not available, data transfer failure and funny enough, failure to communicate with ABS module. The other issues with the cameras are the images are horrid blurry and don't align or stitch correctly.

I've contacted my Ford dealership, and they want to update the code on the modules to see if it fixes but I've not had time to do it yet.

Anyone had this problem? Backup camera is black when in reserve and none of the other cameras on vehicle work either, all just black screens… Message displays after a minute stating “ camera is not operating, please contact dealer “. Took it to ford and they have not a clue what is causing it and I didn’t have time to leave it there for weeks. 23 Lariat tremor.

Thanks for any help in advance.
It thinks it is a Bronco.

Look up the problems the Bronco has been having with cameras and see if it is what you are experiencing. We got a recall notice for our Bronco cameras and then a black screen started to happen intermittently.

My '23 Tremor cameras have been fine.

Back