Reaction Points
Military
No
Current Ride
24' F250 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
All,

Can you veteran Tremor owners help explain if I got a brake issue with this truck? I had a 2011 6.7 F250 so I am not new to superduty's but this Tremor is a whole other animal. Sometimes it feels like I may have a warped rotor and occasionally I feel some pulsating in the brake pedal. I can't tell if it's just the big ass tires because let's face it, they are mud-terrains IMO, not AT's, coupled with the whacky downshifts the 10 speed tranny gives and just the overall stiff suspension is causing what I feel.

Truck had 80 miles when I bought it so who knows how those 80 miles were driven. I know these trucks aren't smooth runners but is what I described similar to what others experience with these trucks?

How many miles do you have on the truck now?

The brakes on my MY24 were not good when I picked up the truck. I was used to awesome brakes on my 2017. I assumed it was because the brakes pads were not broken in. I went through a bedding process and afterwards the brakes were so much better. Now that I have 3k+ miles on the truck is stops great.

How many miles do you have on the truck now?

The brakes on my MY24 were not good when I picked up the truck. I was used to awesome brakes on my 2017. I assumed it was because the brakes pads were not broken in. I went through a bedding process and afterwards the brakes were so much better. Now that I have 3k+ miles on the truck is stops great.
180 miles on the truck. Can you explain the bedding process?

It's like...drive up to 50 MPH...slow to 20....do that like 2 times....speed up to 60 ....slow to stop...like 3 times....then get up to 80...come to a hard stop ...like twice.....then drive for 15 minutes without to cool everything.

Sort of crazy when you find the "no BS this is how to do it" break in procedure.

The bedding process is a series of partial braking events, from ~60mph down to ~5mph that will raise the temperature of the brakes sufficiently to be considered bed-in. You will find many combinations for the braking events online. Below is the process I have followed on all the cars I have built over the years.

3-4 hard stops from 45mph down to 5mph.
5-6 hard stops from 65mph down to 5mph.
Let your brakes cool - drive around and try to stay off the brakes

Notes: All stops are hard and steady braking, just shy of engaging the ABS system. Never come to a complete stop during the process until the after you let the brakes cool via the last step.

Hopefully this helps.

I drove it today to better evaluate the issue. Short commute to work didn't give much time to really look into it since I've had it.

I tried the bedding procedure and saw no improvement. Under moderate braking I have a shimmy and if I let go of the steering wheel, it shimmy's left and right. When I got back, seems the passenger front wheel was hotter than the driver's side. Not sure if I got a caliber sticking, warped rotor or what. It's going to the dealer early next week. Hopefully it's an in and out fix.

Same, no issues, 2024, pushing 8000 miles now since Dec 14th little less than a third pulling trailers
7.3 though 🤷
Hey @Blade420Play, did you do anything special on this specific date? 🤔. I noticed you also waited the proper time to write yesterday's message.

It's like...drive up to 50 MPH...slow to 20....do that like 2 times....speed up to 60 ....slow to stop...like 3 times....then get up to 80...come to a hard stop ...like twice.....then drive for 15 minutes without to cool everything.

Sort of crazy when you find the "no BS this is how to do it" break in procedure.
I wouldn't believe anything Assault says, hence his username. Not too long ago, he recommended drinking through a straw to prove something and I got stuck with an ice chunk. Offered no remedy either 🤪

Hey @Blade420Play, did you do anything special on this specific date? 🤔. I noticed you also waited the proper time to write yesterday's message.
Lol, its always "that specific date" for me 😉. But, I last posted friday, at 7:20 my time 🤣. Yesterday was my brother's wedding, he picked a good day 😎

Lol, its always "that specific date" for me 😉. But, I last posted friday, at 7:20 my time 🤣. Yesterday was my brother's wedding, he picked a good day 😎
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what just happened to your profile pic!? Put the bong down for a sec and think about this.

Dealer diagnosed a sticking brake caliper. Like I said, I noticed something wasn't right on the test drive. Seems like caliper was defective right from the box. All the Ford's I've owned had caliper issues.

Back