Best steering stabilizer for 37" tires?

STX Screamer

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
2018 F150
What does everyone recommend for a steering stabilizer for 37 inch tires? Dual or single? Recommended brand?

I am not having steering issues currently. I want to proactively get some extra support there. Maybe prevent some extra wear...? A more controlled ride would be a great bonus!

I hear the Fox ATS stablizer is great, but a cheaper option is the Carli stablizer shock setup (single or dual).

What does everyone recommend for a steering stabilizer for 37 inch tires? Dual or single? Recommended brand?

I am not having steering issues currently. I want to proactively get some extra support there. Maybe prevent some extra wear...? A more controlled ride would be a great bonus!
The Carli setup both high and low stabilizers will set you back 1200$. The benefit is that lower comes with a diff. guard, thus extra cost. It’s a good setup, i run 37s 13 wide and it controls them well. Steering is nice and tide. I cant speak to the other options as i never had them on to compare.

I had a Fox set up with factory 35s. Noticed improvement.

Upgraded to Carli upper and lower when I went to 37s.

Carli took it up another level, in my opinion.

I had a Fox set up with factory 35s. Noticed improvement.

Upgraded to Carli upper and lower when I went to 37s.

Carli took it up another level, in my opinion.
Same experience here, except I didn't go to 37's.
The Fox as a single shock is a wonderful upgrade over stock in my opinion. It is a two way shock meaning you get the same damping in both directions. The Carli shocks are one way, meaning that they dampen in only one direction. However, they are mounted in opposition to one another and are each stronger than the Fox alone. Therefore, you get mo' betta' damping for those big tires. So yes, expensive, but very effective. Again, just MHO, the Fox is more than sufficient for 35". For bigger, if those tires are unruly, you'll appreciate the Carli.
Also, the Fox is adjustable in damping resistance but is equal in both ways. With the Carli, you can adjust damping resistance by adjusting the air pressure. Also, if your truck ends up pulling to one side even though your alignment is perfect, you can eliminate some of that pull by having a differential of pressure between the two shocks. Of course, that situation is not common, but nice to know you can if needed.
I think both the Fox and the Carli are great products and have their own place. Only you can decide what is best for you.

The Fox as a single shock is a wonderful upgrade over stock in my opinion. It is a two way shock meaning you get the same damping in both directions. The Carli shocks are one way, meaning that they dampen in only one direction. However, they are mounted in opposition to one another and are each stronger than the Fox alone. Therefore, you get mo' betta' damping for those big tires. So yes, expensive, but very effective. Again, just MHO, the Fox is more than sufficient for 35". For bigger, if those tires are unruly, you'll appreciate the Carli.
Also, the Fox is adjustable in damping resistance but is equal in both ways. With the Carli, you can adjust damping resistance by adjusting the air pressure. Also, if your truck ends up pulling to one side even though your alignment is perfect, you can eliminate some of that pull by having a differential of pressure between the two shocks. Of course, that situation is not common, but nice to know you can if needed.
I think both the Fox and the Carli are great products and have their own place. Only you can decide what is best for you.
Let’s not forget the need for nitrogen charge to pressurize. Not everyone has access to this. One of the reasons I went with ATS. Time will tell when my 37s go on

I'm running 35's and use a single King Stabilizer. It's a good O.E. bolt in replacement, but I'm not sure its up to the task of controlling the weight of 37's.

Can you run a carli in conjunction with the FOX ATS? I have the ATS but wouldn't mind adding a carli if they would work together.

You could run the Carli lower. But the Carli upper would replace the Fox ATS.
I might need to look at that then. Just picked up my truck from the shop that installed the Carli Level and 37's. The Fox ATS still works but not as good as it did with the 35's

Can you run a carli in conjunction with the FOX ATS? I have the ATS but wouldn't mind adding a carli if they would work together.

I might need to look at that then. Just picked up my truck from the shop that installed the Carli Level and 37's. The Fox ATS still works but not as good as it did with the 35's
Well I just got the Carli in today. 37s go on tomorrow. I also just added the ATS installed today also (still riding 35s) As I mentioned above Time will tell if I need to get the lower installed as well. Hoping it's not too bad with the 12.5" wide 37s.

Let’s not forget the need for nitrogen charge to pressurize. Not everyone has access to this. One of the reasons I went with ATS. Time will tell when my 37s go on
The Fox ATS is charged with nitrogen from the factory, as is the Carli Stabilizer - there's no need to charge either one as they both come pre-charged. Should there be a need to recharge the stabilizer, the ATS requires their IFP charge tool in addition to requiring nitrogen access. Carli specs their stabilizers with a schrader so any shop with nitrogen can charge it.

Worth mentioning - i run 38x13.5" and both high and low mount Carli stabilizers and have not touched the Nitrogen pressure in the 1.5 years i've owned my truck.

The Carli setup both high and low stabilizers will set you back 1200$. The benefit is that lower comes with a diff. guard, thus extra cost. It’s a good setup, i run 37s 13 wide and it controls them well. Steering is nice and tide. I cant speak to the other options as i never had them on to compare.
The real benefit is one stabilizer PER bar (to ensure no excess flop or roll of the tie rod or drag link) plus the primary stabilizer (lower) being on the tie-rod. The further away from the steering box you can get the stabilizer, the better. The ATS replacement on the drag link right next to the pitman arm allows for some control, for sure, but it's like you're trying to control someone's arm from their shoulder. Throwing the lower stabilizer on basically puts another hand on their wrist which offers far more control.

Also, same theory as the ATS - when you're running dual opposing like Carli does, you're combating the shaft displacement issue for which Fox designed the ATS. As you turn, one shaft comes out and one goes in at the same ratio ensuring balance vs running a single stabilizer where this would not be the case (unless it's an ATS).

Lastly, the Carli duals allow you to adjust the nitrogen pressure for radial pull in either direction. If you experience radial pull with an ATS, you don't have any option to adjust directionally, only increase the tension/damping.

Another thing worth mentioning is the shear size of the ATS. We never developed a stabilizer in the jeep market so we ran the ATS. Luckily, we didn't combat directional issues with our tires but we did struggle to mount it and not worry about it. Mounting it the way Fox advised did not cycle on the Jeep, we had to figure out our own custom mounting thanks to the size of the stabilizer, offset of the rod end from the clamp and remote reservoir. It was a Pain. With how tight the high mount position is on the Super Duty, i can't imagine an ATS clearing there as it was a struggle to get a 2.0" shock in there for us with no reservoir.

If you're going to run the truck hard in the dirt, i would pull the coils and cycle the suspesion to bump to ensure nothing contacts as i suspect there will be interference.

For 37s, if it's mostly a street truck, i normally recommend keeping your factory upper stabilizer and adding the Carli Low Mount. This works great to supplement the factory steering damper while extending the life of both and getting a budget, yet quality, dual stabilizer.

If you're going to run it hard off-road, add the Carli to replace the upper as well.

No stabilizer will help the ride - they only affect the feeling of your steering.

We carry Carli here at Apollo Optics. Happy to help get you setup.

I would agree with this.

If you're going to run a single stabilizer, the ATS would have the advantage UNLESS you're adding the Carli lower to the factory upper - I'd give the edge to the latter there.

Overall, great breakdown that demonstrates a thorough understanding of these steering systems and stabilizers.

Sure but I wouldn't - That would be the MOST expensive option as you're paying for the expensive Carli Low mount and the Expensive Fox High mount. In the end, you have shaft displacement offset on the lower as it's not a through shaft and not on the upper as it is a through shaft. You'd end up imbalanced here but out the most money.

Sure but I wouldn't - That would be the MOST expensive option as you're paying for the expensive Carli Low mount and the Expensive Fox High mount. In the end, you have shaft displacement offset on the lower as it's not a through shaft and not on the upper as it is a through shaft. You'd end up imbalanced here but out the most money.
The only reason I was thinking about it was because I already have the ATS installed. It did a great job with 35’s but picking my truck up yesterday with the new 37x13.5 tires you could tell it was in need of more, not terrible but definitely not the improvement that the ats delivered with 35’s. ( I also ran my ats cranked up pretty high…. 18 clicks if I remember correctly) when I got home I went ahead and cranked it up all the way.

This is why I was inquiring about using them together.

Fox dual set-up, noticeable improvement on the steering wheel
Best bang for the buck!

Back