Banks Pedal Monster - 6.7l Powerstroke

can Forscan be used to get rid of the throttle lag? I plan to buy one of these pedal monsters, but given that it's like $300 and seems to serve only one purpose (killing the lag) it's waste of money if I can do it in forcan for free. Anyone know?

Just to clarify, this does not add any HP/Torque and it is completely removable/invisible to the dealer when you take your truck in for service. (assuming you remove the box from under the dash...)
According to Banks, yes. Completely untraceable and does not add any power. All it does trick the throttle body that more throttle was added via the gas pedal. If you bring the APP up while driving, you can see how Banks Pedal Monster interprets your pedal input. The rest is just factory programing. It definitely makes the truck feel like it has more horsepower. I just can't believe how much it improved the transmission response, just to show you that it all comes down to the gas pedal programing. I am extremely happy with this device and wish the factory would give you options on how sensitive you like your throttle.

can Forscan be used to get rid of the throttle lag? I plan to buy one of these pedal monsters, but given that it's like $300 and seems to serve only one purpose (killing the lag) it's waste of money if I can do it in forcan for free. Anyone know?
I am not familiar with Forscan, so I can not answer this, however I have never heard of anyone adjusting their throttle through it.

Yesterday I installed the Banks Pedal Monster that connects to your phone and that others have recommended on this site. All I can say is WOW!! (I have grin ear to ear). It fixes the sluggish throttle response that I have been experiencing. Ford should be ashamed on how they mapped their throttle programming as it feels like a totally different truck now. It also seems to fix the slow transmission downshifting I have been experiencing at times. I have been using the sport setting which works perfect for me (Goodyears do not have a chance now). The track setting makes the throttle real hard to modulate as it is so sensitive, I was laying wheels all of the place. I have not tried the city setting as I am having too much fun with the sport one. Installation is a breeze and the hardest part is finding a spot to mount the box and wiring for the device.
Do you have to set it every time you start your truck?

No, it remembers whatever you have it set at. You also only need to keep the app open in your phone if you want to change modes.
Sweet. Thank you. I just ordered one from Banks. Wife and I will do before-and-after test rides. I sometimes get excited about things and get a little placebo effect going on.

Yesterday I installed the Banks Pedal Monster that connects to your phone and that others have recommended on this site. All I can say is WOW!! (I have grin ear to ear). It fixes the sluggish throttle response that I have been experiencing. Ford should be ashamed on how they mapped their throttle programming as it feels like a totally different truck now. It also seems to fix the slow transmission downshifting I have been experiencing at times. I have been using the sport setting which works perfect for me (Goodyears do not have a chance now). The track setting makes the throttle real hard to modulate as it is so sensitive, I was laying wheels all of the place. I have not tried the city setting as I am having too much fun with the sport one. Installation is a breeze and the hardest part is finding a spot to mount the box and wiring for the device.
Installed mine today with cell phone Bluetooth. Extremely impressed, adds no power, but feels like a full delete! Much more responsive and changes the driving experience. MPG will suffer since I want to accelerate faster now. For the money ($300) best modification I’ve ever done.

Installed mine today with cell phone Bluetooth. Extremely impressed, adds no power, but feels like a full delete! Much more responsive and changes the driving experience. MPG will suffer since I want to accelerate faster now. For the money ($300) best modification I’ve ever done.
Can’t you just push the throttle harder on a stock truck and have the same effect? Doesn’t matter banks or not WOT is WOT correct?

Can’t you just push the throttle harder on a stock truck and have the same effect? Doesn’t matter banks or not WOT is WOT correct?
That was what I thought also before trying it, but Im very impressed, the turbo seems to spool up faster or something, it honestly feels like a different truck.

No Bank's kit fixes the lag between pedal position and ECM decides to do something. You just can't simply push the gas pedal harder it does nothing to fix this issue. For me it fixed the dead pedal issue I was having and what I thought was a sluggish transmission. Since I put this kit on the transmission has been spot on.

That was what I thought also before trying it, but Im very impressed, the turbo seems to spool up faster or something, it honestly feels like a different truck.
It just shows you that these trucks do not suffer from turbo lag, it is only throttle delay from the factory.

It just shows you that these trucks do not suffer from turbo lag, it is only throttle delay from the factory.
What setting are you guys running for normal daily driving? I don’t necessarily need to light the tires up at every intersection, but I don’t want lag.

Just to clarify, this does not add any HP/Torque and it is completely removable/invisible to the dealer when you take your truck in for service. (assuming you remove the box from under the dash...)
Well how’s going to be the first to see if the dealer catches it ?

I just installed the pedal monster on my 7.3L

It does make it feel like your truck is tuned, which leads me to believe that most of what your noticing with a tune is the adjustment done to the throttle sensitivity. Doubt adding 20hp is going to be that noticeable.

Transmission does noticeably perform better now too (down shifts and up shifts are more responsive)

All this without voiding your warranty. I say its definitely worth the money.

My dealer actually suggested it! But I am in the semi-free state of Alabama
You have good dealer there last time I went through the lemon law with Ford they wanted to know everything I did to the truck and they looked real hard to find a way out I got lucky everything was stock

What setting are you guys running for normal daily driving? I don’t necessarily need to light the tires up at every intersection, but I don’t want lag.
I'm running sport mode.

I just installed the pedal monster on my 7.3L

It does make it feel like your truck is tuned, which leads me to believe that most of what your noticing with a tune is the adjustment done to the throttle sensitivity. Doubt adding 20hp is going to be that noticeable.

Transmission does noticeably perform better now too (down shifts and up shifts are more responsive)

All this without voiding your warranty. I say its definitely worth the money.

A modest gain of only 20HP is definitely not worth it compared to the risk of running a tune. You must be referring to the NA gasser tunes, because the turbo tune gains are much more! Tunes for turbo diesels are north of 100 HP for mild programming and tunes for TT gassers like my Raptor are good for 80-90 HP without other modifications. I tuned my Gen 2 Raptor and it was VERY noticeable to the point of not even wanting to consider a pedal modifier.

Latest Discussions

Back