Anyone have experience with this or a rec for a 0 gauge jumper cable?

Here you go - cordless! Well, sort of.
Out of stock cause I got the last one. Sorry!

I do carry a set of 30 foot 00 cables in the pickup as a last resort, but I can tell you that the NOCO and similar devices are a gamechanger! I have the GooLoo 4000A version though as I couldn't get the Noco (always out of stock).

I have jumped everything under the sun with this thing with 100% success and no problems at all. We even tested it, successfully, on a vehicle with two horrid batteries and not even enough juice left to have the lights turn on other than a subdued dim. I was absolutely skeptical and was sure there was no bloody way this thing could start a large high compression diesel engine, but it did.

This thing impressed me so much that I put one in my wife's, dad's and sister's vehicles.

Alot of folks keep old issues and problems from years ago like it still happens, but things have changed alot. The internet is the greatest thing and the worst thing invented...

I got the Noco 150 and its pretty bomb proof, dont even carry regular cables anymore. These now hold 70% charge for like a year. YOu can jump your 6.7 several times with one before needing to recharge it, the days of the weak big old jump starters is over, if you buy quality brands. Having 2 batteries I hope I never even need to use the thing, but still have it in case others need it.

If I was going to buy a set, id try the make your own, but know those things will weigh alot and take lots of room to store as well.

Batterycablesusa.com - you can configure your own and select the quality of wire and clamps.

I always read on forums about how the NOCO jumpers won’t work, are unreliable, and will fail you exactly when you need them.
I will tell you that I have used them for the past 10 years. They have performed every single time that I have needed them. I have neglected to charge them, used them on motors larger than what they were spec’d for, and abused them. They worked every time. Maybe I’m just lucky. I just ordered a GB 150 to cover the 7.3 in the tremor.
+1 for me. I live in AZ, leave them in the car, in the heat, and have always worked for me. Love having those, and not needing someone else to help jump the battery

I went loco on a NOCO! 5 pounds of lithium!
Not exactly pocket sized.
Takes forever to charge on a USB.
When I ordered it I didn’t see that a fast charger was an option. Oh, well…
48843CC7-A6CC-49BC-A1F8-05E1833EE39D.jpeg

Since I’m going to add onboard air, I was looking for mounting brackets and came across this. Mounts both an SB175 quick connect and an air chuck side by side.

A lot of folks seem to have good luck with these modern style jump starters and probably a valid argument over jump cables. There is so much technology on batteries out there, it's hard to imagine that we still use old lead acid batteries. Cost is the most prohibitive reason, I guess. I am not against these devices, but I can tell you that from working with electronic devices for over 50 years, I have seen many changes and advancements in battery management and technology. I am certainly not a luddite; I am abreast of the most modern technology there is when it comes to test and measurement. 5+% of the reviews on these devices report an issue that was not expected. That's pretty normal in the T&M world. In working on instruments, lithium (and older technology) batteries are replaced routinely, many on a 1–7, year cycle, depending on the use. All batteries deteriorate, even modern lithium batteries like in your phone. The NOCO uses Li-ion batteries, the fastest punch for the lithium family which makes them ideal for jump starting a vehicle. They are very reliable when taken care of, (just ask Tesla) and I will most likely make my own with a lot more punch, like the one @Loshad has above. (Nice unit by the way) I may use LiFePo4 batteries because of their heat tolerance. (And save a lot of money) I'm not at the Az heat range but occasionally we do get to 110-115 and can be hotter in the canyon than on top of the mountains. More research to be done though, may end up getting the GBX155 to avoid the hassle. :rolleyes: As a backup, I will always have a set of jump cables stored away.

This has been a very good thread, a lot of success stories on using these. Good information. Thanks to all.

Thank you to everyone for the excellent discussion. I was definitely letting my past experiences of old technology (basically useless and short-lived jump packs) keep me from looking at the newer stuff. It's normally not like me to do that--I like to try to research and greatest and usually stick to the latest in tech--but I got burned a couple times too many with the older ones.

With that being said, I just went ahead and ordered the Noco GBX155 from Home Depot. Was able to tag on a 10% discount coupon to boot! I'll now carry this with me and keep my old, relatively heavy duty cables as a back up at home.

Cheers!

I went loco on a NOCO! 5 pounds of lithium!
Not exactly pocket sized.
Takes forever to charge on a USB.
When I ordered it I didn’t see that a fast charger was an option. Oh, well…View attachment 43727
They do take a few hours to top off but really no big deal you just have to remember to check them.

"you just have to remember to check them."

Thank's for your confidence in me but you may have
set the bar a touch high. 🤡

NOCO are over priced jsut get an Audew, tested on project farm

I looked at some of the other, cheaper brands. I'm sure they work great and will last but they seem to all be Chinese companies. I ended up going with Noco with them being an American company (even though they do manufacture in HKG as well as the U.S.)

I looked at some of the other, cheaper brands. I'm sure they work great and will last but they seem to all be Chinese companies. I ended up going with Noco with them being an American company (even though they do manufacture in HKG as well as the U.S.)
Just watch the video when you can the Audew is impressive. I like shopping local but we just don't make the right batteries here in the US for the price so you have to go where the they make them to get the good stuff.

Just watch the video when you can the Audew is impressive. I like shopping local but we just don't make the right batteries here in the US for the price so you have to go where the they make them to get the good stuff.
Will do, I will check it out--thank you.

Back