Anyone have any info on build/shipping dates?

I ordered my tremor in mid Oct how did you get the Vin#(E-mail, dealership called you or thru the mail service)?

I ordered my tremor in mid Oct how did you get the Vin#(E-mail, dealership called you or thru the mail service)?
I am a ford employee, I ck everyday at work w general manager at my dealership so he can look at status of orders placed , it said unscheduled clean since sept ... finally Friday I got vin# and production date . Ounce you get vin you can track progress on ford web site.

VIN by Operational Manager or General Manager responsible for dealer order stock. FORD software and top level management (usually) only. Dealer called me then emailed the doc later in the week for my files. We have an in similar to C-vega as per earlier in this post which helps.

This wait is going to drive me nuts. I ordered mine November 1st so I expect my build date to be mid January and deliver in February. Thinking I better buy a project truck to fill the wait.

Ordering a new vehicle, especially with new model year changes is like having a kid. They give you a dates but it truly is more of a zone. Issues like labour, suppliers, transport, plant problems, early recalls, etc. screw it up.
In the old days it wasn't til the car show and gasp, printed brochures, did you even know what was coming and by then they were hitting the lots. With www. now I have known about new models before the local dealers.

thanks for the response the dealership told me in 2 weeks i"ll get a vin# but that was oct 8

As I stated earlier what few know is that there are various levels of order priorities for the build. My order was destined to be in line with others here (read December VIN assignment Jan build). Not getting into the codes or software my Dealer (whom I have done contract IT for and my wife is controller at) did us a solid and changed the priority code from my order to his earliest 2020SD demo delivery. I was present as we checked and bobbed together on the FORD website. That is the reason why I am ahead weeks from others.
Crazy how many dudes are pining so much for their truck......... it's coming. HAHA I am concerned being an early build there is some flaw they are worried about hence the restriction to media release until late Jan.

As I stated earlier what few know is that there are various levels of order priorities for the build. My order was destined to be in line with others here (read December VIN assignment Jan build). Not getting into the codes or software my Dealer (whom I have done contract IT for and my wife is controller at) did us a solid and changed the priority code from my order to his earliest 2020SD demo delivery. I was present as we checked and bobbed together on the FORD website. That is the reason why I am ahead weeks from others.
Crazy how many dudes are pining so much for their truck......... it's coming. HAHA I am concerned being an early build there is some flaw they are worried about hence the restriction to media release until late Jan.
I’m concerned you will be cruising in your new ride before me!

i'll definately post pics when i pick it up

I placed my order on 10/1 and the dealer guesstimated a December delivery. I checked in today and they had heard nothing about dates yet.

Ed
I ordered 10/25. Got a VIN today and a build date of 12/14.

My truck has completed it's build and is awaiting train transport. Looks like it was Kentucky Truck Plant build# 127 out of the gate. So far in line to what I was expecting. The paperwork shows the build started Nov. 14, 2019. Completion was Nov. 24, 2019. Paperwork and transport arrangement done Nov. 27, 2019. Could be one of the first Tremors :). Bonus is our rail strike ended 3 days ago so we'll see....................

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
Congrats!!!

Ed

Thx...... hitting the rail car now. Will post pics and first drive impressions once she is PDI'd. I usually do an inaugural "break in" trip for 500 miles to feel it out and check for bugs. Check it all out the except maybe the front mechanical locker. Gave my G-Tech to my son so won't get performance numbers.
My father taught Automotives for 25 years and I was always at the shop, from grade 7-12 at lunch and after school. Sweet memories....... he always did a 30 min start and trial on a full rebuild and we would squirt oil into the carb while running, and rev a bit as well. After that he would (once I was 16 and driving...he couldn't risk a student) tell me to pull it out and haul a$$!!. I would do a burn out and pin it for a mile from the school (newer school on the edge of town). His theory was a out of round crank or rod, or reciprocating issues would manifest immediately as opposed to pussy break in that would possibly mask slight imperfections. Friggin awesome..... those were the days man. Now we have gender neutral bathrooms in High School and mass shootings :rolleyes:o_O:cautious::censored:

Dealer contacted me today, my build date his 12/18. He said KY Truck is shut down for two weeks for the holidays so he expects the truck will arrive here in NJ I’m early January.

I noticed today the Ford web site indicates that a gas Crew Cab short bed will have a 48 gallon fuel tank while a diesel will have a 34 gal tank. The 2020 order guide indicates a gas short bed will have a 34 gal fuel tank just like a 2017-2019. Anyone know anything about which one is right?
I got a copy of my owner's manual. It says the 48 gal is only on long wheelbase. Tremors are 34 gals.

Makes sense leogeo based on under bed room. Not a game changer as my a$$ and legs need a walk around every 4 hours anyways. But it is always nice to save 10 or 20 bucks when cruising through a town with great gas prices.

Just got an update from my dealer on the new truck. He also emailed the window sticker and VIN# over to me. It was built this past Monday, 12/9 and had an original delivery date of 12/27 to the dealership, however, he said Ford just updated the delivery status yesterday to "TBD" now. Not sure what that means, but my dealer is hopeful I will still see the truck by end of December/Early January.

DerekC - very exciting! Curious where you are located and wondering if that might have an effect on shipping/delivery?

Ed

DerekC - very exciting! Curious where you are located and wondering if that might have an effect on shipping/delivery?

Ed
Ed - I am located in Massachusetts. The truck was built at the KY plant.

My truck order moved into production status yesterday. With the holidays quickly approaching I am planning for delivery out here to the Pacific Northwest of early February.

Back