Anyone else plan on keeping their current Rig long term?

For me, it totally depends on how it does towing a ~13k 5th wheel. I ordered the tremor because I love the look. I had been driving duallies as daily drivers since 2000 and wanted a change. After seeing a lot of posts about how tremors suck at towing (and conversely, others saying they tow just fine), I'll just have to see. I'm considering ordering a 450 when the '23 order banks open up and maybe selling the Tremor (that's assuming I get the tremor before the 450 ;) ). If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have just ordered the 450 and be done with it.

2020 Tremor - delivered October 2020. I love my Tremor! Not a daily driver - primarily used for pulling a 35' Winnebago. I plan on keeping this vehicle until the doors fall off! Pulled it out of the garage today to get it ready for a road trip. We live in UPSTATE so we see 6-7 months of winter each year. Love this forum (although like many others on this site - it has cost me a ton of money by following).

View attachment 47727

View attachment 47728

View attachment 47729

View attachment 47730

I'm going to keep my truck for as long as it will run and function. Hoping the 7.3 can push 200k+ miles without any major issues. My estimated goal is 10 years.

My rig won't see a ton of abuse. Mostly hauling my 35' TT around during the warmer months and the occasional off road roaming. Hoping to keep the mileage to 15k/yr.

For me, it totally depends on how it does towing a ~13k 5th wheel. I ordered the tremor because I love the look. I had been driving duallies as daily drivers since 2000 and wanted a change. After seeing a lot of posts about how tremors suck at towing (and conversely, others saying they tow just fine), I'll just have to see. I'm considering ordering a 450 when the '23 order banks open up and maybe selling the Tremor (that's assuming I get the tremor before the 450 ;) ). If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have just ordered the 450 and be done with it.
My old 5th wheel was 14 k and the new one is 16,800 my 6.7 F350 Tremor tows them just fine. I think you will be very happy.
Its nice not to drive around in a dually ( my other truck is a dually)

But am with you on an order for a 23 why not????

I've had my 2007 since 2010ish, I have historically bought 3yr old trucks depreciated 25% an kept them a while BUT that market is out the window so I ordered new for the first time. IF ;) I ever get my truck I plan to probably keep it a decade but we'll see. One I like to get a truck setup and familiar with it and as long as its reliable run it.

Also in CO the ownership tax portion of our registration is really front loaded the first 4 yrs of ownership and drops to a few dollars years 10+, so shuffling into new vehicles every few years pays more in taxes and in a normal market there is a bunch of depreciation off the bat as well. The current inflated market for flipping vehicles is nice but one would be foolish to think its guaranteed to be like that a few years from now. Also if interest rates go way back up again I'd rather have a vehicle with a low rate or paid off, esp. when the used market drops again and your trade in doesn't cover most/all the cost of your replacement. If you're a cash buyer and deprecation doesn't really show back up and your state doesn't front load taxes then it would make more sense to shuffle while the market conditions support it still.

Last edited:
As long as mine continues to run and not give me shit, this may be my last SD/HD truck I'll purchase..... Ummmm I am lying to myself haha. I'd like to think that I would keep it long term but I have commitment issues. All jokes aside, if I was gonna keep a truck long term this would be the one.

Just bought a 7/125k warranty from granger. So yes going to keep this one a bit. Which would mean put a flatbed on it and keep it a farm truck. The future is very uncertain.
Most of my trucks have had flatbeds but all longbeds, I'm not sure if I can do a shortbed it just looks weird to me.

It would probably be in all of our best interests to buy what we really want now or in the near future and stock up on spare parts if you plan on keeping the truck.

From what I have seen, the King of Komi-fornia is going to ban all new gas AND diesel vehicles as soon as they possibly can. The degenerate Ruler where I live just follows what the King of CA does so I would not put it past him to follow suit.

If the gov shuts down on fossil fuel vehicles........ I may own this truck a lot longer than I planned, provided I can still purchase the fuel ( or afford it).

Just looked at my tax records and I have the 5yr depreciation on it. So if I order a '23 have to consider the tax ramification of selling before the 5 year mark.

Also in CO the ownership tax portion of our registration is really front loaded the first 4 yrs of ownership and drops to a few dollars years 10+, so shuffling into new vehicles every few years pays more in taxes and in a normal market there is a bunch of depreciation off the bat as well. The current inflated market for flipping vehicles is nice but one would be foolish to think its guaranteed to be like that a few years from now. Also if interest rates go way back up again I'd rather have a vehicle with a low rate or paid off, esp. when the used market drops again and your trade in doesn't cover most/all the cost of your replacement. If you're a cash buyer and deprecation doesn't really show back up and your state doesn't front load taxes then it would make more sense to shuffle while the market conditions support it still.
Yeah, that's my one hesitation about getting the '22 and turning around and ordering a '23. Using the CO DMV registration calculator, initial registration for the '22 will be about $1400, which is just lost.

Yeah, that's my one hesitation about getting the '22 and turning around and ordering a '23. Using the CO DMV registration calculator, initial registration for the '22 will be about $1400, which is just lost.

Yeah its going to be painful on registration for me going from a 07' to a 22' (if they build it...). Like I said this whole screwed up used market really threw a wrench in my vehicle replacement mindset, getting something 3-4yrs old and appropriately depreciated really saved money both in cost of the vehicle, slower depreciation from then on AND dodging the first few years of heavy taxation. But it'll be a while till things correct again and I am overdue to replace my truck.

I was planning on keeping my 2020 Tremor for the long haul but I couldn't help take advantage of the current used car market.

I have a 22' that is about to be built (after a 8 month wait) and struck a deal on my 20' for almost 6k more than I paid for it.

Pretty insane to see your used truck actually go up in value.

I plan on keeping mine at least 10 years. Right now we have a 2.7 Eco F-150 that we take places as a family and I have a Honda CB1000R that I ride as often as possible to save miles on my Tremor.

Back