Anyone else plan on keeping their current Rig long term?

Planning on keeping this for the long term. Since I live in the Midwest I had the NH Oil & Wax undercoating treatment done to protect against the corrosion that winter brings. Also had PPF applied for the body-color grille and headlamps and one layer of CeramicPro coating on the paint. You can really see the difference when salt, tar, bird crap practically rinse away with the pressure washer. Also got the Headwaters Seat Covers for the front. No more money will be put into this. Cost enough to begin with.

0A717582-0DDE-447A-8C8E-C36992A731F2.jpeg

We plan on keeping (for a long time) our 2020 F250 Lariat Sport Tremor currently with 23k miles (mostly tow miles). We will use it as a beater/ranch truck when it’s time to buy a new one. Our current beater/ranch truck is a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500.

Plan to keep it 10 years or more, barring anything unexpected. I have had it for about a year and a half, and have 10K miles on it, so it should last me for at least that long.

2020 Tremor - delivered October 2020. I love my Tremor! Not a daily driver - primarily used for pulling a 35' Winnebago. I plan on keeping this vehicle until the doors fall off! Pulled it out of the garage today to get it ready for a road trip. We live in UPSTATE so we see 6-7 months of winter each year. Love this forum (although like many others on this site - it has cost me a ton of money by following).

View attachment 47727

View attachment 47728

View attachment 47729

View attachment 47730
I have a 2021. Live in western NY drive mine every day and love it!! Where did you get the 7.3 Godzilla badge? I have to get one!!! Two actually.
334DBF05-3F75-486D-B2DD-0EE609AA9A3D.jpeg
FADFCB44-8D2B-4989-83B7-45C8D42C3D72.jpeg

I customized my Tremor with the intent of keeping it forever. I've had it for a little over a month and already put 3,800 miles on it joy riding. I think "driving until the doors fall off" will come sooner then later. But in the mean time... I love this truck!

I've not yet joined the club but I'm leaning heavily towards a F350 Tremor Lariat Ultimate and I too plan to drive it until the doors fall off. FWIW, I'm trading up from my 1999 Crown Vic that I bought new in early 2000. Nearly 300k miles and she still purrs like a kitten......everything else however, such as power windows, paint, etc, is falling apart, lol. Can't wait to put in my order!

My 2021 turned 28,000 miles on Sunday. I plan to keep this truck until it dies. I thought the same of my last car (highly customized Jeep), but my wife hated it. She loves the truck so I'm feeling good about the odds of keeping it forever.

FWIW, I'm trading up from my 1999 Crown Vic that I bought new in early 2000
How many "suspects" have you hauled in the back seat of that car. I've never heard of anyone buying those cars new except the police!🤣

I plan on doing the same as most have said, drive it till the wheels fall off. I kept telling my buddy to get a new truck a few years back, he said nope... not till the wheels fall off. Well he called me a few months later and said the rear axel fell off making a left turn and basically the wheels fell off :LOL: It was a early 2000's F350 with 410k miles on it, I'd say he got his monies worth.

I’m going to need to keep this one for awhile. The truck won’t fit in the garage (7’ door) so I’ve already started the process to tear off the old garage’s flat roof, raise it up, as well as extend the footprint to the property line. Turning a small 8’ ceiling two car into a 12’ ceiling double tandem. I cashed in everything with boss lady at home for this. Haha

I love my trucks and will keep this one for a long time. I still have my F250 2006 so I really have no idea how long I will keep this one but just as long or longer than my other truck and I have no plan to get rid of that ride anytime soon. ;)

I'm at 35k 2020 6.7. my son was hoping I'd sell it to him at 5 yrs old in 2025. I'm thinking more like 2030. Love everything but. Step is a little high for mom though

2020 Tremor - delivered October 2020. I love my Tremor! Not a daily driver - primarily used for pulling a 35' Winnebago. I plan on keeping this vehicle until the doors fall off! Pulled it out of the garage today to get it ready for a road trip. We live in UPSTATE so we see 6-7 months of winter each year. Love this forum (although like many others on this site - it has cost me a ton of money by following).

View attachment 47727

View attachment 47728

View attachment 47729

View attachment 47730
Have a 2020!! Plan on keeping it forever!! 20k on it now! Plan on buying another one in 5 years,, maybe start collecting them😂😂

When I receive my Tremor - unless it is a total Lemon I plan on keeping it 10-15 years (or longer if it still makes sense at that time - pretty hard to say with changes in the world).

Plan on keeping mine a long time unless gas goes to $8 a gallon but then I probably won't be able to sell it anyway

Back