Alternative to Airbags

Had similar on original 21 Tremor 350. More of an install and forget mod. Less maintainence but no adjustments. Increased unloaded ride height 1-2 inches but greatly improved ride and sag when loaded down with #3800 pin weight of 5er. Think these would be better for someone with a constant load or tows more than 5-6 times a year. Took them off (still sitting in my garage) after 3 months and went with timbrens. They do everything they are suppose to do with no fuss and very little chance for failure.
It looks like you're able to adjust the tension on these... Is it too much of a pain to make adjustments? Wondering if would be practical to adjust it to a lesser tension for long periods without heavy towing and then adjust it up to offset higher payload.

Also, it looks like one is installed on each side, is it difficult to get the left and right balanced (i.e., so one side isn't softer/firmer than the other)?

It looks like you're able to adjust the tension on these... Is it too much of a pain to make adjustments? Wondering if would be practical to adjust it to a lesser tension for long periods without heavy towing and then adjust it up to offset higher payload.

Also, it looks like one is installed on each side, is it difficult to get the left and right balanced (i.e., so one side isn't softer/firmer than the other)?
I have these on a f150. They are pretty easy to adjust with a ratcheting wrench. I used a coin between the springs to make sure both sides were even.

Sorry I thought my picture went through.

Attachments

• IMG_0865.png
    IMG_0865.png
    315 KB · Views: 36
Isn’t there a drawback to removal of the upper overload springs for the RAS units?

I asked the RAS people but haven’t gotten a response yet.

Isn’t there a drawback to removal of the upper overload springs for the RAS units?

I asked the RAS people but haven’t gotten a response yet.
I would not use the RAS on a truck that has the upper overload spring. I installed the SSS-3 upper overload spring spacers to engage the springs sooner when hauling the camper. Works great and makes an aftermarket overload system unnecessary.

I have a 2021 Tremor, and the overload spring did indeed need to be taken off for the installation of the RoadActive Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit - Heavy Duty Item #RAS3611-SLHD. I bought this through eTrailer for $589.00 (no shipping cost). I had the spring tension on the RoadActive system set to 40% (vs 25%) because I am towing a 10,000 lb 5th wheel with an 1800 lb pin weight. The unloaded height from ground to fender went from 45" to about 45-5/8" after the install. With the 1800 lb 5th wheel pin weight on the truck, the ground-to-fender height "without" the RoadActive system was about 42" (a drop of 3"), and "with" the RoadActive system the ground-to-fender height is about 43". I have yet to tow with this RoadActive system, but the suspension without the 5th wheel feels pretty much the same if not just a bit stiffer, especially around corners. Once I tow my trailer and get a better feel for this system, I will do an update to this post.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 24
Had similar on original 21 Tremor 350. More of an install and forget mod. Less maintainence but no adjustments. Increased unloaded ride height 1-2 inches but greatly improved ride and sag when loaded down with #3800 pin weight of 5er. Think these would be better for someone with a constant load or tows more than 5-6 times a year. Took them off (still sitting in my garage) after 3 months and went with timbrens. They do everything they are suppose to do with no fuss and very little chance for failure.
I live full time.in my RV and tow a fifth wheel with 3100 pin weight... you think those are better then the timbren? Thanks! Do you still have the RAS?

Back