Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2023 F250 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Land Cruiser Heritage
Anyone else get this one?

IMG_9947.pngIMG_9946.png

That's one I haven't seen mentioned before. Any details of when this happens?

Not exactly the same but you may try checking the connector under the driver or passenger seat seat. Reason I say this is my daughter's Bronco Sport had an air bag warning light come up on the dash. Had her take it to the dealer and it turns out the dog had chewed the connection under the seat. The dealer said they see it all the time where people will shove items under the seat and damage the wire/connector. Maybe worth checking?

Good tip! It’s at the dealer since yesterday

Good deal, keep us updated.

No word from service. Not getting the impression they know how to fix. Called up out of curiosity to get some info on progress. The guy is not in today, so if the person in charge of the service is out you won’t get contacted. This is one of those “you’ll get it back when you get it back” situations.

Last edited:
Got update from service. Rodent damage.

Rodent damage, while not desirable, is better than some sensor malfunctioned. Looks like I need to build a garage.

oh man that sucks! inside or outside damage ?

Rodent damage, while not desirable, is better than some sensor malfunctioned. Looks like I need to build a garage.
As someone who just sunk $1000 repairing the wire harness of a 2013 Kia chewed by a rabbit, I could not disagree more. I will take a warranty anything over that. And the repair cost could be substantially higher depending on what, and where it is located, needs to be repaired.

As someone who just sunk $1000 repairing the wire harness of a 2013 Kia chewed by a rabbit, I could not disagree more. I will take a warranty anything over that. And the repair cost could be substantially higher depending on what, and where it is located, needs to be repaired.
I don’t like paying for sure, just it doesn’t make me as concerned about the trucks reliability. I’ve driven my share of British vehicles…

Also, wasn’t aware rabbits did this too. They just made the list..

Also, wasn’t aware rabbits did this too. They just made the list..
Yes. In fact, this guy had nested in the front left fender. Here is a photo after I had vacuumed most of the droppings. And if you want to know why it was $1000.... I have a $500 deductible. The total repair was $2500, and I paid the first $500. Got the car back, had it in the garage. Daughter used it one day and left it on the drive - during the day. Pulled it in that night. Next day, wife takes the dog out and hears a rustling in the garage. SOB went back in the fender, and when we pulled the car in, he came along. Chewed it again, but not as bad. Total cost $500... so I did not file a second claim.

Kia1 - Copy.jpg

What came of the little fella? So glad you asked...
IMG_20240429_114725 - Copy.jpg

Yes. In fact, this guy had nested in the front left fender. Here is a photo after I had vacuumed most of the droppings. And if you want to know why it was $1000.... I have a $500 deductible. The total repair was $2500, and I paid the first $500. Got the car back, had it in the garage. Daughter used it one day and left it on the drive - during the day. Pulled it in that night. Next day, wife takes the dog out and hears a rustling in the garage. SOB went back in the fender, and when we pulled the car in, he came along. Chewed it again, but not as bad. Total cost $500... so I did not file a second claim.

View attachment 154245

What came of the little fella? So glad you asked...
View attachment 154246
😲

Still sitting on the lot. No updates. Saw the same alerts from ford app when they turned it on couple days ago to park it,

Back