Air suspension control options

JASmith

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F-350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
Tesla Model Y
I've been searching far and wide and found a few air suspension controllers that could work with a full air system. I'm looking at the ARB twin, a 3-gallon tank, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate bags, and already have the Hornblasters Safety horn in the garage.

What have you guys done for airbag control? I could obviously just tap air in manually with a hose, but it seems like a shame to do that with all the other air on board. I like the Pacbrake AMP wireless controller, but it seems overpriced for such a simple thing, although elegant. I hate extra gauges and stuff on the dash, so the manual ones I'd pass on.

I probably should have selected the Suspension forum when posting this. If it makes sense mods, feel free to move it. :)

The PacAir system is the one I see mentioned the most. I wonder if the ARB pressure control could work as well, as it is essentially the same thing but for tires. Just tee it off to both bags and set your desired PSI through the phone app.

I've been searching far and wide and found a few air suspension controllers that could work with a full air system. I'm looking at the ARB twin, a 3-gallon tank, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate bags, and already have the Hornblasters Safety horn in the garage.

What have you guys done for airbag control? I could obviously just tap air in manually with a hose, but it seems like a shame to do that with all the other air on board. I like the Pacbrake AMP wireless controller, but it seems overpriced for such a simple thing, although elegant. I hate extra gauges and stuff on the dash, so the manual ones I'd pass on.
following exactly what I want to do also

android only for pacbrake

take a look what this guy did. This is a way to plumb the Airlift wireless airbag system into an existing on-board air system. Very useful when the Airlift compressor fails or you want to use your existing air system with a wireless controller. Cheaper than PacAir.

Mines not an off the shelf control system but I made a little gauge pod that hides in the upper glove box. After this picture i trimmed the original insert piece and reinstalled it around the gauge. The top number is my tank pressure, and the bottom is my bag pressure.

20220214_172349.jpg

Here is the actual control set up I built using a few solenoids. I used all DOT compression fittings to connect to the air lines rather then push to connects, They were all readily available at my local commercial truck repair center.
20220214_124027.jpg

Last edited:
how you like it?
Still waiting on its arrival. hopefully sometime this week all the components will arrive, and I can get it installed.

The controller arrived, it has a white wire that isn't included in any of the documentation or videos that I'm not sure what to do with. It seems beefy and well-constructed. It isn't working yet since it doesn't seem to be powering up, i'm hoping it has something to do with that white wire that they don't give ANY details on whatsoever.

Any updates? I am curious of this set-up as well. 😎

So the Pacbrake option works fantastic. I've had to chase some slow air leaks in line/fittings, but other than that it works phenomenally. the white wire is completely unused it seems, so that was not the issue. I had actually wired it into the wrong upfitter switch and that was my power problem. (After accidently melting my wire label with the heat gun, I didn't know which switch was which anymore)

I am also trying to strategize a compressor, air bag, and controller set up and here are my requirements:
  • Onboard air compressor that can be used to fill air bags and have quick connect chucks for air lines to fill tires and other things.
    • I'm fairly certain I will be going with the ARB Twin.
    • Compressor is slated to be mounted in the engine bay (near the second batter on the driver side)
    • I'd like to have a QC chuck under the hood
    • I'd like to have a QC chuck out the rear of the truck (near the license plate) OR inside the fuel door (where the def fill would be)
    • I haven't decided if I want to mount a tank or just let the compressor handle the load when filling bags, tires, and other items.
  • Controller that can fill bag pressure for driver/passenger independently
    • Minimum in cab controller to set driver/passenger bag pressure
    • Ideal state is to have in cab controller and ability to control from my phone
  • Compressor switched at the up fitters
    • Air bags would only fill when if the pressure in the bags is less than my target pressure set by the controller
    • Additional quick connect chucks will be charged and ready when the compressor is switched on

I have been looking into the ARB Linx interface. There is a ton of stuff it can control, including air bags via the air suspension integration. It may be overkill for my setup. (link: https://linx.arb.com.au)

Another option is the ARB pressure control kit. This will allow for a target pressure to be hit, but I'm not sure if it will allow independent target pressures for driver/passenger bags. (video:
)

Back