Air Down Valves

tremortime

Tremor Buff
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Tremor Velocity Blue
What air down valves are people using?

I use the ARB EZ Deflator.... used it for over 10 years now on different vehicles... it's not as slick as some newer solutions out there but it does the job.

I bought these bc they said rated to 80 psi. I thought I could use them to “air down” to 60 when I’m unhooked from the RV. Unfortunately, it seems the “highest” setting on these is still letting air out at 60. My guess is that the seals are supposed to work when letting air out at 80 but that they air down to ranges at least below 40. (Haven’t tested that theory yet bc it’s been raining here)

Boulder Tools Tire Deflators and 80 PSI Tire Pressure Gauge - Adjustable, Automatic for car, Truck, Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L7JS2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_yMTdGbVXSJZEY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I use the ARB EZ Deflator.... used it for over 10 years now on different vehicles... it's not as slick as some newer solutions out there but it does the job.
I have this one and it has been a solid performer

I have both the ARB and the coyote, I’ll third the coyote deflators assuming you always air down to the same pressure.

Staun Tire Deflators, I have a set, yes a bit more spendy, but very reliable. Have the 15-55psi. Two set at 35PSI and two at 20psi.

We do a lot of pulling 5th wheels into the Sand Dunes at Dumont. Set the rears at 35psi (down from 80psi, typical) and fronts at 20psi. If you're messing around in the dunes without a 5th wheel, you can set the rears at 20psi real quick after airing down to 35psi.

I bought these bc they said rated to 80 psi. I thought I could use them to “air down” to 60 when I’m unhooked from the RV. Unfortunately, it seems the “highest” setting on these is still letting air out at 60. My guess is that the seals are supposed to work when letting air out at 80 but that they air down to ranges at least below 40. (Haven’t tested that theory yet bc it’s been raining here)

Boulder Tools Tire Deflators and 80 PSI Tire Pressure Gauge - Adjustable, Automatic for car, Truck, Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L7JS2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_yMTdGbVXSJZEY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have the Boulder Tools deflators too. They are adjustable from 10-65 psi.
I haven’t tried them out yet, maybe this weekend at JW Corbett WMA.

Back