A-ROD RESIGNED FROM HIS FORD DEALERSHIP TODAY!

Lunch Box

Tremor Maniac
TOTM Winner
Meetup Organizer 🛻
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Don't know if you all saw his YouTube post today, but he was visibly upset, said he no longer is working at his current job. He apparently had been working at that Ford dealership since he was 16 and is now 39. Said he will be back. No other details.

That sucks that he was put into a position that he felt it best to walk away.

I can't imagine he would be unemployed for any length of time. He could make a killing if he opened his own shop. He's got to be one of the top Ford techs in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if his "next journey" is opening his own shop. Or maybe not, I don't think he has responded positively to the idea of that when asked in the past.

Something tells me he's going to be a Banks Performance partner.......

Bet his dealership found out how much side-hustle YouTube was paying him....yea....you either shut it down or bounce.

I watched the Short last night, he was definitely upset. I hope he can fast track his next journey I really enjoyed his channel.

Last edited:

Bet his dealership found out how much side-hustle YouTube was paying him....yea....you either shut it down or bounce.

You're probably right about the dealership not liking his side-hustle. If that is the case they should have just asked him to include the dealership name in videos created on company time or company premises. I know some folks were already going out of there way to bring their trucks to him at the dealership.

Best of luck to him.

You're probably right about the dealership not liking his side-hustle. If that is the case they should have just asked him to include the dealership name in videos created on company time or company premises. I know some folks were already going out of there way to bring their trucks to him at the dealership.

Best of luck to him.
Detroit area I believe? Is that correct?

I dont think they were worried about the little bit he may be making. A conflict may be if a customer that had their vehicle on the channel didnt give permission to film their vehicle. But who knows. He will be successful in whatever he decides to do.
SmartSelect_20230930_085128_Chrome.jpg

He worked at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia. That is where I purchased my truck and several other vehicles. Nothing but good things to say about my experience there. I did chat with several people there about him and they liked his extracurricular efforts as it brought people into the dealership. Of course, you never know what is being discussed or happening behind the scenes...

I always found it interesting that he was allowed to film at the dealership, just mostly on the fact that no matter how crude you're filming is - it is still time consuming. Maybe they didn't care about someone spending the time to make those videos but I always found it weird. I would have thought it was a good partnership opportunity if the dealer supported him and leveraged him as a celebrity or reason for customers to go to that dealer. I mean I would prefer A-Rod to the service techs at my Ford dealer who just keep finding new ways to disappoint me.

I always found it interesting that he was allowed to film at the dealership, just mostly on the fact that no matter how crude you're filming is - it is still time consuming. Maybe they didn't care about someone spending the time to make those videos but I always found it weird. I would have thought it was a good partnership opportunity if the dealer supported him and leveraged him as a celebrity or reason for customers to go to that dealer. I mean I would prefer A-Rod to the service techs at my Ford dealer who just keep finding new ways to disappoint me.
More than likely he was paid by the job. And as long as he could comeplete the job in the right amount of "book time" then there wouldnt be an issue. Some mechanics can physically work 40 hours in a week but get paid for 60 due to the jobs they completed in that 40 hours.

A-rod seems like a good dude. I only wish I could have someone like him working on my truck when I go to a Ford dealership. Outwardly, this move by his dealership seems like a big mistake. Whatever little time he used to get a video included while doing his assigned work was great publicity for his dealership.

Another possibility, and realize I am only speculating. He did modifications to several trucks using the dealership as a platform. Some of those modifications were of the nature to possibility void the Ford warranty. But someone easily could have used the fact modifications were done at a Ford dealership, by a certified technician and therefore should not "void my warranty". This aspect could become a basis of a conflict. Now I would also like to believe a responsible employer would not let go an employee of his capabilities with a tenure of 23 years without some type of arbitration. Also he was let go on the spot, sure I believe what he said about a mutual agreement, but I also believe the entire situation revolves around YouTube. This I hope is a blessing, and a opportunity comes his way to put him in an even better position for him and his family. 🙏

I think a lot of his videos were done after hours. Certainly some were during the day but many of the more time consuming "project" type weren't necessarily eating into service revenue...

This may be the best thing to happen to him. These kind of lemons usually turn into "mega lemonade stands". He's the kind of guy that could pull it off.

Well he definitely has a future. Between the youtube & the line of guys that would want him to work on his truck he will be just fine.

Back