7.3.......why not the 3.5 Powerboost

Is it just me or would the Tremor be better suited with 3.5 Powerboost vs the 7.3? The 3.5 has 430 hp and 570 lb of torque. Versus the 7.3 with 430 hp and 475 lb of torque.
Not to mention the fuel consumption would be significantly better. Plus lots of guys using these for work trucks all that battery power would come in handy at the job sites? Not sure how this engine would do towing vs the 7.3? Just food for thought?
Its just you

Its just you
lugosi b.gif

The 3.5 Ecoboost and the 7.3 V8 are designed for different tasks. There is much more to engine design and performance than just the horsepower and torque output. In this video from The Fast Lane Truck, Andre talks to one of the engineers from Ford responsible fro developing the 7.3. It is an excellent description of the purpose of the 7.3, and why it is so well-suited for the Super Duty:

I traded in my 3.5l eco for the 7.3, and there is no comparison. I tow the same trailer now, and where the 3.5 drove around turbos spooled and revving saying "I think I can I think I can!", the 7.3 is like, "is that all ya got? I'm gonna just take a nap here!" The 7.3 is producing the power and torque without breaking a sweat, where the 3.5 eco was pushed to the limit.
How is the torque off the line compared without the trailer hooked up? I'm thinking of doing the same!

How is the torque off the line compared without the trailer hooked up? I'm thinking of doing the same!
The half ton with the ecoboost was certainly a sportier truck when empty. It had great acceleration and handling. There is no doubt that the Tremor is a one ton truck in comparison. The F150 did not handle towing near as well, however. Unfortunately you can't have it all in one truck! I love my Tremor and am glad I traded.

Back