6.7 Leak at passenger Bell Housing

Just a FYI, oil can collect on the rim of the oil filter (outer edge of the seal) when doing an oil change and will spray / run off as you drive it.

There is a video A-Rod posted about this very issue.

May or may not be the issue for some of you.

Just a FYI, oil can collect on the rim of the oil filter (outer edge of the seal) when doing an oil change and will spray / run off as you drive it.

This is what I'm hoping for since a few oil changes ago Ford did an awful shitty job for one oil change. I'm going mine is just old residue.

I didn't get that he was saying oil can spray all over the engine from the top of the oil filter. Most of the time it runs down the filter itself, looks like crap, and could leave a drip on the ground but doesn't spray oil everywhere.

I didn't get that he was saying oil can spray all over the engine from the top of the oil filter. Most of the time it runs down the filter itself, looks like crap, and could leave a drip on the ground but doesn't spray oil everywhere.
Well if you have oil running down the filter, it's going to have a tendency of flying off when you're hauling ass down the road.

So sure, if oil was found somewhere else outside of the filter vicinity, it's probably something else.

Mine was cleaned up and has die in it now too. Going back Friday for them to take another look.

Joining the club. I let my truck sit with the filter off a long time before I thread on the new filter, plus I wipe down the interface one last time before the new filter goes on, so I don't buy that it is the tiny bit of old oil that is sitting on top of the filter. Plus the seal is real close to the edge, so there isn't space for much oil to have pooled on top of the filter once snugged on.

I've just gone past my 36k warranty, but have extended to 75K, so will keep an eye on it as well. Interested to hear what others do. I like the idea of a warranty repair if needed, but also don't want my whole truck taken apart for a tiny oil leak at the pan which doesn't hurt anything.

PXL_20240325_160903701.MP.jpg

Joining the club. I let my truck sit with the filter off a long time before I thread on the new filter, plus I wipe down the interface one last time before the new filter goes on, so I don't buy that it is the tiny bit of old oil that is sitting on top of the filter. Plus the seal is real close to the edge, so there isn't space for much oil to have pooled on top of the filter once snugged on.

I've just gone past my 36k warranty, but have extended to 75K, so will keep an eye on it as well. Interested to hear what others do. I like the idea of a warranty repair if needed, but also don't want my whole truck taken apart for a tiny oil leak at the pan which doesn't hurt anything.

View attachment 150346
🎉

Fyi the engine warranty is for 90k on the 6.7.

Mine was cleaned up and has die in it now too. Going back Friday for them to take another look.
Little update on this, I dropped the truck off for the day but they told me to wait another 1000 miles.

🎉

Fyi the engine warranty is for 90k on the 6.7.
My experience with my local dealer, they'll likely tell me that it's not the engine but the dinglehopper next to the engine and isn't covered by the engine warranty - jerk my chain for 6 months.

My experience with my local dealer, they'll likely tell me that it's not the engine but the dinglehopper next to the engine and isn't covered by the engine warranty - jerk my chain for 6 months.
We must go to the same dealer.

My bumper to bumper warranty is almost up. I've been thinking about this some more and if they mess something else up fixing my engine leak (cut a wire or something) they could easily say it's not caused by their work and not under warranty... So I'm considering buying an extended warranty... What do you guys think? It's also difficult to know if they'll just blame it on wear and tear and make me pay for it anyway...

My bumper to bumper warranty is almost up. I've been thinking about this some more and if they mess something else up fixing my engine leak (cut a wire or something) they could easily say it's not caused by their work and not under warranty... So I'm considering buying an extended warranty... What do you guys think? It's also difficult to know if they'll just blame it on wear and tear and make me pay for it anyway...

Grangers warranties are fairly cheap. I wouldn't want one of these trucks without warranty.

Grangers warranties are fairly cheap. I wouldn't want one of these trucks without warranty.

Are you swapping trucks when your warranty is up, or are you getting the extended warranty too?

I've been seriously considering an older truck that's not impossible to work on, but I like how quiet and safe this one is.

Are you swapping trucks when your warranty is up, or are you getting the extended warranty too?

I've been seriously considering an older truck that's not impossible to work on, but I like how quiet and safe this one is.

I extended my warranty with 700 miles to go at 35 months.

It's been such a good truck and still is pretty much everything I wanted. I priced out a new version of what I have and at this point don't want to spend the money. Would like the HO though, that'd be the only reason. Not a fan of the GM steps they added either.

I extended my warranty with 700 miles to go at 35 months.

It's been such a good truck and still is pretty much everything I wanted. I priced out a new version of what I have and at this point don't want to spend the money. Would like the HO though, that'd be the only reason. Not a fan of the GM steps they added either.

I don't have any complaints about this truck either, if it's viable to fix I could see keeping it for a long time. I thought about the HO too, but it sounds like they suck DEF at a much higher rate to the point it'd affect me on long remote trips -- but maybe they'll fix that with a software update? I'm not a fan of the look of the GM steps, but they would be helpful for hitching a gooseneck. The only other thing I'd like is the new lane keeping assist where it stays centered in the lane.

Back