4 Way Split Air Hose Mounted

ZeeRoeCool

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 7.3L Tremor Platinum
For the life of me, I can't seem to find anyone online that has done this, but it just seems so much easier in the long run.
There are a lot of DIY 4 way air hose videos out there for on-board air compressors. However, I keep thinking, why would I store that when I can just run it down the frame.

Here's what I am thinking as a sequence of parts:
1) ARB under the hood
2) whip hose to a manifold under the truck
3) two lines down the frame (one each side of the truck)
4) four quick connects (one by each tire)
5) make four short hoses to each tire from quick connects with air chucks

This way, I would only need to store the four short hoses. Everything else would be attached to the truck.
I am also thinking that if I needed to fill just one tire, I would be able to use just one of the quick connects.
Sure the whole system would be pressurized, but all of the volume would go to the open quick connect.

I also am thinking it would be good to have a gauge in the system somewhere, but not sure where. I thought about using the TPMS numbers from in the cab, but those are likely not that accurate.

What does everyone think? Am I missing a reason not to do this?

Added my rudimentary layout.
tempImage0dMZb3.png

Last edited:
Great idea! I'd only worry about dirt and mud getting into the quick couplers. Maybe a Vinyl Cap would work? Definitely get the solid brass quick couplers; the brass plated steel ones will corrode.

Great idea! I'd only worry about dirt and mud getting into the quick couplers. Maybe a Vinyl Cap would work? Definitely get the solid brass quick couplers; the brass plated steel ones will corrode.

Definitely brass and definitely vinyl caps to keep them clean-ish.

Just one thing to note about the tpms built into the truck… I’ve found they are pretty precise compared to my standalone gauge. Assuming the gauge is accurate, then so are the factory readings. However, they don’t update immediately. Seems to take a minute or so… this means the dash isn’t reliable for airing up or down unless you wait a bit in between filling and checking.

For what it’s worth, I think your idea is super cool. I would still carry a spare hose with you though in case you want to air up a trailer or another vehicle.

@legmar I was thinking that too, but wondered how accurate the TPMS was around 20psi. Never taken it that low before to test.

@legmar I was thinking that too, but wondered how accurate the TPMS was around 20psi. Never taken it that low before to test.
Lowest I’ve gone with the heavy diesel was 32.

I don’t understand the 4 short hoses. Wouldn’t you just need one?

4 seems a bit over kill to me. I did one front and one rear on my truck. I just carry a 25' hose. I can use it on other trucks/tractors too. Also did an anderson connector at both ends so I can jump other cars without opening the hood.
Front power and air.jpg

Agree with above. This setup sounds great for just airing up your tires. The minute you have to air up a trailer or someone else’s tire or something, you’re gonna need a longer hose. Seems easier just to have one quick connect, and one longer hose. I’m assuming you’re wanting to air up all 4 tires at once to save time, but I think on that setup you won’t save a lot of time vs doing one tire at a time and having more capability. (1 longer hose vs 4 shorty)

4 seems a bit over kill to me. I did one front and one rear on my truck. I just carry a 25' hose. I can use it on other trucks/tractors too. Also did an anderson connector at both ends so I can jump other cars without opening the hood.
View attachment 58573
Where did you mount the rear port?

For the life of me, I can't seem to find anyone online that has done this, but it just seems so much easier in the long run.
There are a lot of DIY 4 way air hose videos out there for on-board air compressors. However, I keep thinking, why would I store that when I can just run it down the frame.

Here's what I am thinking as a sequence of parts:
1) ARB under the hood
2) whip hose to a manifold under the truck
3) two lines down the frame (one each side of the truck)
4) four quick connects (one by each tire)
5) make four short hoses to each tire from quick connects with air chucks

This way, I would only need to store the four short hoses. Everything else would be attached to the truck.
I am also thinking that if I needed to fill just one tire, I would be able to use just one of the quick connects.
Sure the whole system would be pressurized, but all of the volume would go to the open quick connect.

I also am thinking it would be good to have a gauge in the system somewhere, but not sure where. I thought about using the TPMS numbers from in the cab, but those are likely not that accurate.

What does everyone think? Am I missing a reason not to do this?
These guys have a kit

I was looking for a solution to air up all four at once. Ended up with an ARB Twin(thanks to the group buy) mounted in bed to built rite panels. And I run a Speedflate four way (one to each tire) and can air up and down very easy and efficiently. I’m very pleased with the system. I’ve tried the one hose method. This is far better in my opinion.
334A4A93-6185-4B9D-86C1-1E5D509B9246.jpeg

I was looking for a solution to air up all four at once. Ended up with an ARB Twin(thanks to the group buy) mounted in bed to built rite panels. And I run a Speedflate four way (one to each tire) and can air up and down very easy and efficiently. I’m very pleased with the system. I’ve tried the one hose method. This is far better in my opinion.
View attachment 58577
I bet all those lights are amazing at night!

I bet all those lights are amazing at night!
Yes. But then it’s not night anymore. 😎

It definitely makes night driving in remote (and very dark areas) much easier.

My wife calls it obnoxious. I call it “prepared”

Just one thing to note about the tpms built into the truck… I’ve found they are pretty precise compared to my standalone gauge. Assuming the gauge is accurate, then so are the factory readings. However, they don’t update immediately. Seems to take a minute or so… this means the dash isn’t reliable for airing up or down unless you wait a bit in between filling and checking.

For what it’s worth, I think your idea is super cool. I would still carry a spare hose with you though in case you want to air up a trailer or another vehicle.
I like the idea of adding a long hose.

Last edited:
Back