23k miles and transmission is slipping

activelife

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
125
Reaction Points
112
Location
Las Vegas
Current Ride #1
2108 F350 Superduty
21"F350, only has 23k miles and the transmission seems like it's slipping when going from 4/5 and 8/9. All of a sudden a total lag and slows down then jerks once it sets in. Any ideas what it is and why and most importantly how to fix it? It runs higher HP and has had engine and trans tune at 5k miles. Been a absolute dream. I have done this to all my Ford Trucks and never had this issue. TIA
 
There was a TSB/Recall for some model years. They need to take the transmission out/down for inspection, if it fails it's a rebuild/replacement.
 
If you’re tuned you’re probably on your own most dealers won’t warranty a driveline part if the truck has added power (tuned)
I wonder since it's a recall if they have to..... This sucks.... I have done this to all my super duties and never had issues, ever...
 
I wonder since it's a recall if they have to..... This sucks.... I have done this to all my super duties and never had issues, ever...
Once you modify the ecm/tcm when it comes to custom tuning you’re pretty much screwed if it wasn’t a powertrain problem you might be ok unless the dealers is an asshole, the recall I had was just a reflash so if it’s just that then maybe you’d be ok and they’ll just flash the update in, keep in mind it will overwrite your trans tuning you have in there now, if it’s a mechanical problem that requires physical work on or replacement of the trans no way you’ll get away with that because they have to send info from your computers to ford to get approval and before you say it flashing it back to stock before hand won’t work all that shit is logged by the computers
 
You can try and get the recall reflash done by the dealer but anything beyond that I’d be looking for a good trans builder of your choosing
 
Anybody have recommendations for a shop in Vegas or nearby they trust to get this done?
 
If you’re tuned you’re probably on your own most dealers won’t warranty a driveline part if the truck has added power (tuned)
This is why I wouldn't modify anything until after my warranties expire👍 other than a ladder rack, toolbox, tint, and other cosmetic additions. My wife wants a lift on her 21 blazer but she ain't getting one... Thing's a POS anyway🤣
 
Once you modify the ecm/tcm when it comes to custom tuning you’re pretty much screwed if it wasn’t a powertrain problem you might be ok unless the dealers is an asshole, the recall I had was just a reflash so if it’s just that then maybe you’d be ok and they’ll just flash the update in, keep in mind it will overwrite your trans tuning you have in there now, if it’s a mechanical problem that requires physical work on or replacement of the trans no way you’ll get away with that because they have to send info from your computers to ford to get approval and before you say it flashing it back to stock before hand won’t work all that shit is logged by the computers
I noticed mine seem to slip on occasion after the flash recall. Did you notice a change after you had the recall performed?
 
I noticed mine seem to slip on occasion after the flash recall. Did you notice a change after you had the recall performed?
Not really a slip but don’t forget when they flash it it needs to relearn again so it’ll shift kinda wonky for a few hundred miles I did experience that which is normal
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom