• Tremor with your dog/pet

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Tremor in the desert

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Tremor by the lake

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Tremor Camping/Campsite

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tremor Towing (work trailer, travel trailer)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Tremor in front of mural/building

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tremor - Street Queen

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tremor - Tailgate Party

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tremor - Pavement Princess

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Since not all Tremor owners have nearby access to beautiful backdrops, here's my suggestions:
1 - dog or pet with Tremor
2 - night shot
3 - a model on or next to a Tremor: any gender, any clothing (but no nudes, because that would be the obvious winner :rolleyes: )
4 - Tremor in action: a still shot of a Tremor in motion, doing what they do best (by that, I don't mean going down the highway).

I'm just saying, not to hurt anyone's creativity, but many entries are photo enhanced. Camera and truck only, not all of us are computer experts.
I've been thinking about that too @Lunch Box ... The "photogs" would refer to that as a raw image, no post processing.

I'm just saying, not to hurt anyone's creativity, but many entries are photo enhanced. Camera and truck only, not all of us are computer experts.
Precisely as I have said in the past - this is to highlight your rig in the environment or landscape its found to be in; raw format, not your demonstrating your picture editing skills of which I also have none.

Let the background or the surroundings hightlight an already awesome looking rig - a picture (unedited) will speak a thousands words, they say. Nowadays, fotography has gotten so creative, simply in the format you snap the picture can make the picture look "edited" without the need to digitally enchance or modify its result.

Often times is why I choose to not even partake in the contest because the pictures I snap of my rig are just in its natural state or environment she's found in everday creating picturesque snapshots that simply leave your jaw on the floor wondering if it was really one who indeed snapped that pic.

One contest I felt I had the leading run but quickly found out what appeared to be an edited image ultimately took the trophy when my picture was simply using the scenary, landscape, and attritubes to snap what I thought was a magazine cover type shot and as I have seen all throughout the monthly contest.

I vote based on picture and place - my votes tend to be for photos that are "offroad" as that what the Tremor is all about - enhanced or not - its all about what you are doing in the photo with the truck - last 3 months I have had at least 3 finalists and had to pick - as all were worthy of a win! Keep the great photos coming - if you can enhance and make it look great - more power to you.

I've been thinking about that too @Lunch Box ... The "photogs" would refer to that as a raw image, no post processing.
Not to get too far off topic, a RAW image is not an image at all, rather it is the digital data collected in the camera. All cameras, every one of them, (film excluded) post process digital raw data into a form of picture. That form is dictated by the camera manufacturers algorithm for processing. This is why the same picture taken with an iPhone, or Samsung, or Nikon, or Canon... the list goes on forever, will look visually different with the exact same conditions. However, the raw digital data will always be the same, only quality will vary based on the quality of the glass and sensitivity of the photo gathering "sensor". (CCD, MOSFET, etc.) And as I said, it is not a picture at that point.

To become a picture, the camera uses an algorithm and "process'" the picture according to what the manufacturer is trying to achieve. (Bluer enhanced, yellow enhanced, flat response, etc.) Nikon uses a spectrum in the blue gamut, Pentax more in the yellow gamut, Canon is fairly flat. (All can be tweaked internal to change this) This is then put into a universal format that computers can easily use for sharing. Not all formats can be opened by every computer, so a common format is used. The most common format is jpeg, but post processing can produce a number of formats such as TIFF, jpeg2000, etc. There is a myriad of formats to choose depending on the quality and lossy conversions to have minimum effect on the image quality. Even a RAW format can be output as a .crv format. But most computers embedded software can't read that format. It's usually used where no change (such as the cameras algorithm) is allowed to make it "pure". AND in those cases, most raw formats are converted to a .Dng as a guaranteed long term storage format. (.DNG is a digital negative.)

Many pro's shoot in RAW because the cameras algorithm can offset what is real. A good photographer will often use a light meter and evaluate a scene before shooting to get an accurate assessment of the situation, then adjust white balance and compensate for lighting. I seriously doubt there are many people on this forum that actually do that. It would be too costly in terms of time.

Enough of that, this could go on for a long time, but to get to my point, RAW is not a format for us to use unless we are doing forensic work. I do like that this came up here though, I must admit, I am a semi pro photographer, (I typically don't get paid for this work) and one of my biggest issues with pictures produced is "overprocessing". When using a computer to process a picture post camera, many look at it and know it should look "better" in their opinion, than what they see on the screen. Here's a big shock, no two screens produce the color gamut the same unless they are calibrated. And I'm sure very few of us calibrate their monitors on a routine basis unless you are processing for a specific purpose such as media or prints. So, the results of some are way overblown, typically in the blue category. (Many people tend to like bluish overtones) When someone else opens the picture on their own computer, they see different colors than the original. It's best to just leave it alone if you don't know what you are doing.

When I judge a picture, I look at the creative artistic points rather than the color unless the color is part of the story. If there's a contest theme, it's my first judgement point. Every picture tells a story. If you can't see the story, it is what I would deem a "memory" picture. You took it to remember a moment in time. Phone cameras are absolutely perfect for this. Even though I have several pro model cameras, I use my phone all the time, it is amazingly simple and does a fantastic job at producing the moment, and I always have it with me. Which is the best description of the most common question I hear, "what kind of camera do you think I should get?" Answer: The one you will use.

I don't think we should limit pictures when they are post processed. Rather, if they are overblown or unrealistic, vote for a different picture for the contest. I love to see the trucks in action and doing what they were designed to do. The setting is important as is the lighting, and the story it's trying to tell. A theme is always nice as the criteria, and yes, others will post what they have, but just stick to the theme for your choices.

Here's some: Tremors and desert locations, or Tremors in mountains, or Tremors around lakes, Tremors in mud bogs, Tremors and campers, or Tremors in snow. (Desert, Mountains, Lakes, Mud, Camper, or Snow, must be present) Lots of categories to pick from. Keep those photos coming, I enjoy looking at them all.

It's obvious you're a fotographer but I don't think @Lunch Box meant .raw file (unprocessed data); he simply meant raw as in unedited without digitally enhancing the photo via an app or the phone.

I've seen some pictures posted where the sunset looks as if it was colored with an orange crayon due to how enchanced the color saturation was altered.

If that is what the forum members like, then so be it.

Our discussion is simply, we rather see (and vote for) natural pictures with natural colors - period.

Not to get too far off topic, a RAW image is not an image at all, rather it is the digital data collected in the camera. All cameras, every one of them, (film excluded) post process digital raw data into a form of picture. That form is dictated by the camera manufacturers algorithm for processing. This is why the same picture taken with an iPhone, or Samsung, or Nikon, or Canon... the list goes on forever, will look visually different with the exact same conditions. However, the raw digital data will always be the same, only quality will vary based on the quality of the glass and sensitivity of the photo gathering "sensor". (CCD, MOSFET, etc.) And as I said, it is not a picture at that point.

To become a picture, the camera uses an algorithm and "process'" the picture according to what the manufacturer is trying to achieve. (Bluer enhanced, yellow enhanced, flat response, etc.) Nikon uses a spectrum in the blue gamut, Pentax more in the yellow gamut, Canon is fairly flat. (All can be tweaked internal to change this) This is then put into a universal format that computers can easily use for sharing. Not all formats can be opened by every computer, so a common format is used. The most common format is jpeg, but post processing can produce a number of formats such as TIFF, jpeg2000, etc. There is a myriad of formats to choose depending on the quality and lossy conversions to have minimum effect on the image quality. Even a RAW format can be output as a .crv format. But most computers embedded software can't read that format. It's usually used where no change (such as the cameras algorithm) is allowed to make it "pure". AND in those cases, most raw formats are converted to a .Dng as a guaranteed long term storage format. (.DNG is a digital negative.)

Many pro's shoot in RAW because the cameras algorithm can offset what is real. A good photographer will often use a light meter and evaluate a scene before shooting to get an accurate assessment of the situation, then adjust white balance and compensate for lighting. I seriously doubt there are many people on this forum that actually do that. It would be too costly in terms of time.

Enough of that, this could go on for a long time, but to get to my point, RAW is not a format for us to use unless we are doing forensic work. I do like that this came up here though, I must admit, I am a semi pro photographer, (I typically don't get paid for this work) and one of my biggest issues with pictures produced is "overprocessing". When using a computer to process a picture post camera, many look at it and know it should look "better" in their opinion, than what they see on the screen. Here's a big shock, no two screens produce the color gamut the same unless they are calibrated. And I'm sure very few of us calibrate their monitors on a routine basis unless you are processing for a specific purpose such as media or prints. So, the results of some are way overblown, typically in the blue category. (Many people tend to like bluish overtones) When someone else opens the picture on their own computer, they see different colors than the original. It's best to just leave it alone if you don't know what you are doing.

When I judge a picture, I look at the creative artistic points rather than the color unless the color is part of the story. If there's a contest theme, it's my first judgement point. Every picture tells a story. If you can't see the story, it is what I would deem a "memory" picture. You took it to remember a moment in time. Phone cameras are absolutely perfect for this. Even though I have several pro model cameras, I use my phone all the time, it is amazingly simple and does a fantastic job at producing the moment, and I always have it with me. Which is the best description of the most common question I hear, "what kind of camera do you think I should get?" Answer: The one you will use.

I don't think we should limit pictures when they are post processed. Rather, if they are overblown or unrealistic, vote for a different picture for the contest. I love to see the trucks in action and doing what they were designed to do. The setting is important as is the lighting, and the story it's trying to tell. A theme is always nice as the criteria, and yes, others will post what they have, but just stick to the theme for your choices.

Here's some: Tremors and desert locations, or Tremors in mountains, or Tremors around lakes, Tremors in mud bogs, Tremors and campers, or Tremors in snow. (Desert, Mountains, Lakes, Mud, Camper, or Snow, must be present) Lots of categories to pick from. Keep those photos coming, I enjoy looking at them all.
I think I just learned my one thing for the day... :p

It's obvious you're a fotographer but I don't think @Lunch Box meant .raw file (unprocessed data); he simply meant raw as in unedited without digitally enhancing the photo via an app or the phone.

I've seen some pictures posted where the sunset looks as if it was colored with an orange crayon due to how enchanced the color saturation was altered.

If that is what the forum members like, then so be it.

Our discussion is simply, we rather see (and vote for) natural pictures with natural colors - period.
Didn't mean to go too far overboard, just trying to help. I must say, I've learned so many things from people on this forum and when I see a subject that I may actually be able to help in some manner, I jump in with both feet. Perhaps more info than most would ever use but maybe useful for someone.

I love seeing the regulars on here with their knowledge of items completely foreign to me. My truck has several mods on it only due to finding them here where someone else already contributed. It's HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks to all.

Looking forward to the next contest.

I agree that we should not be over enhancing our photos. They should be just a pure representation of our trucks doing what they do.

Like this one when I was camping in the mountains and came to a water crossing with some kids and dogs and got stuck in the sand...
ford former funny.jpg

I agree that we should not be over enhancing our photos. They should be just a pure representation of our trucks doing what they do.

Like this one when I was camping in the mountains and came to a water crossing with some kids and dogs and got stuck in the sand...View attachment 128534
this one made me laugh out loud!

Back