2023 Black on Black on Black Tremor 7.3L Godzilla

Fenders just came in!

tijpdN4.jpeg

Fenders just came in!

tijpdN4.jpeg
Those look great let me know if you have any tips or tricks after getting them installed on removing the old flares and or putting these on. Mine are at the shop getting painted now I'd imagine sometime in the next couple weeks they should be done as I told them no rush.

Those look great let me know if you have any tips or tricks after getting them installed on removing the old flares and or putting these on. Mine are at the shop getting painted now I'd imagine sometime in the next couple weeks they should be done as I told them no rush.
I have a 23 so no flares stock. These are rough countrys that came pre painted agate black.

It cost me an arm and a leg, but I replaced the cracked grill this weekend. Pro tip: if you get the sick diesel parts LED lights, DO NOT drill them. cut the studs off, and just 3M VHB tape them on. Even the parts I didnt think were broke were just crumbling where the holes were, the plastic this expensive grill is made from is GARBAGE.

Also, I haven't put the flares on yet, but my Husky mud flaps definitely arent going to fit anymore :( Anyone know why flaps might fit with the flares?

Finally, I am having an impossible time finding wheels, I just can't find any I like. Im looking into the 20x10 -20mm range, but I dont really like fake beadlocks, I dont like the fat lip bro dozer wheels, and I have issues with Method wheels.....

It cost me an arm and a leg, but I replaced the cracked grill this weekend. Pro tip: if you get the sick diesel parts LED lights, DO NOT drill them. cut the studs off, and just 3M VHB tape them on. Even the parts I didnt think were broke were just crumbling where the holes were, the plastic this expensive grill is made from is GARBAGE.

Also, I haven't put the flares on yet, but my Husky mud flaps definitely arent going to fit anymore :( Anyone know why flaps might fit with the flares?

Finally, I am having an impossible time finding wheels, I just can't find any I like. Im looking into the 20x10 -20mm range, but I dont really like fake beadlocks, I dont like the fat lip bro dozer wheels, and I have issues with Method wheels.....
That grille is a $1000 easily. At least it was on the ‘22.

Good morning, Happy Monday
How has the new exhaust done for performance, and any benefit to your MPG?

That grille is a $1000 easily. At least it was on the ‘22.

I originally found it for $2k online, then found it at the dealer for $1k, then found it online for $650, but ended up paying almost 300 in shipping, so yeah, cost me about $1k, which is why I put off fixing it for like 9 months, but I got sick of looking at the broken grill.

49vR7hn.jpg

Last edited:

I'm with you on the wheels I've been struggling I'm looking for 18x9 -12 offset but don't care for the fake deadlocks. Right now I'm leaning towards black rhino arsenal 18x9.5 -18 offset but am not in love with them. Method does make some nice wheels I like but of course they either don't have them in our 8x170 or don't have the offset I'm looking for which is wider than the +20s they carry since I am getting fender flares so need a wider offset.

Jeez, @Nick@ApolloOptics has got me hooked on these Vossens that are supposed to come out this summer in 22x10... I can't seem to get past em...

Chevy-Silverado-2500-HFX-Series-HFX-1-8-Lug-%C2%A9-Vossen-Wheels-2024-216-1047x696.jpg

I love these wheels. I just put the 6-Lug version on our Apollo Optics' 2023 Raptor R build in a different finish. But I may have to get a set for my F-250 as well. Pictured below is 20x10 -18 in Tinted Gloss Black on an Antimatter Blue truck.

The 8-lug stuff is currently 22x10 and 22x12 only.

Raptor R 001.JPEG

Raptor R 002.JPEG

YEah, that looks insanely good! What an incredible truck.

I have had such a hard time finding wheels I like, and these have me hooked. I think I would go the 22x10 over the 22x12 to save me some headaches. I wish I could see what they look like on a Tremor!

I think you can go either way, man. I have 22x12 on my F-250 and love them. But if you want a for sure zero trim solution, then stick with 22x10. But 12s will give you the deep concavity you're after.

I'm not afraid of trimming and throwing some bumper spacers in!!!!! They would look insane!

That pic makes me miss my black Raptor with fox factories!

Does an aftermarket exhaust like you’ve installed have any impact on fuel economy?

Does an aftermarket exhaust like you’ve installed have any impact on fuel economy?
I have both a stainless works redline cat back and headers I would say no impact on fuel economy....unless you like to hear it like I do so you are more aggressive then you'll see a decrease. I'm on 2022 on 37s CAI Cat back headers and 5 star tune and am still squeaking out 13.1 MPG mixed with several WOT pulls just cause I like hearing it.

I’ve thought of trying these flaps with flares…

1711653592656.jpeg

You should see a minor gain with less restriction.

Finally got around to installing my Rough Country flares. Got the front on and they look great!

e1t76aB.jpg

Got to the rears and they didn't include enough weather striping. I had about 44" left and needed about 88", so almost 4' short. GREAT customer service with Rough Country though, they are sending the additional striping out immediately!

9ZwdON0.jpg

In this shot you can see the difference from front to rear:

Rw7gmUT.jpg

Finally got my Baja Designs reverse lights wired up!!!!!!!!! Only had em since the Black Friday sale....

h1xkbob.jpg
This looks awesome! Can you provide some detail on how you mounted the BD reverse lights?

Mickey

Back