2021 orders. When?

Any reason why the date keeps changing on my window sticker? good thing or bad? lol
I'm so frustrated and have no patience lol
The date was changing on my window sticker every Friday starting on 4/23. It just seemed like every time someone opened the window sticker file at Ford it got a new save date.
who knows if that’s what actually happens...

Looking for some advice from the group. Here is my situation:
  1. Ordered an F250 Lariat 7.3L on 2/22 which went into production on 5/20
  2. Sold my previous truck given the awesome price Carvana was willing to pay and the fact the chip shortage did not appear to be as out of hand as it is now
  3. Dealer confirmed the truck is built except for the computer components which require chips and is now awaiting said chips before build is complete; Site says an ETA of 10/31 but he says he is not sure what the actual date is (nor do I think anyone could given the current market
  4. I would really prefer a truck for our camping trips this summer and to ensure we have a second vehicle in the instance something happens to our Tahoe, however given I work from home I do not absolutely need one
I have found 4 7.3L Lariat Tremors nationwide that closely resemble my build (minus color and a few minor adds). One dealer is asking 2k over sticker, one dealer is asking sticker, and one dealer is asking $500 under sticker (this is the farthest from me geographically and the farthest from matching my build). I am waiting on a quote from the 4th.

So the question is, given my situation, would you folks pay sticker price on top of the cost of a flight to pickup a truck that isn't exactly what you wanted, or try and figure something else out/wait out my initial build?

Appreciate any/all food for thought!

Looking for some advice from the group. Here is my situation:
  1. Ordered an F250 Lariat 7.3L on 2/22 which went into production on 5/20
  2. Sold my previous truck given the awesome price Carvana was willing to pay and the fact the chip shortage did not appear to be as out of hand as it is now
  3. Dealer confirmed the truck is built except for the computer components which require chips and is now awaiting said chips before build is complete; Site says an ETA of 10/31 but he says he is not sure what the actual date is (nor do I think anyone could given the current market
  4. I would really prefer a truck for our camping trips this summer and to ensure we have a second vehicle in the instance something happens to our Tahoe, however given I work from home I do not absolutely need one
I have found 4 7.3L Lariat Tremors nationwide that closely resemble my build (minus color and a few minor adds). One dealer is asking 2k over sticker, one dealer is asking sticker, and one dealer is asking $500 under sticker (this is the farthest from me geographically and the farthest from matching my build). I am waiting on a quote from the 4th.

So the question is, given my situation, would you folks pay sticker price on top of the cost of a flight to pickup a truck that isn't exactly what you wanted, or try and figure something else out/wait out my initial build?

Appreciate any/all food for thought!

It mostly depends on how important “exactly what you want” is to you. And how far off from that any available inventory may be.

The pricing is irrelevant, IMO. You're not saving enough by waiting to offset the opportunity cost and peace of mind of having a vehicle sooner than later. So I would just remove that factor from the equation.

If you decide to wait, and just need a truck for summer trips in the interim, you could always rent a truck or RV.

For myself, I chose not to wait. I had a list of “must haves” and ”nice to haves”. I was happy to find a truck with all of my “must haves” and few of my “nice to haves” because it cut nearly $20k off the price of my custom order, and got me into a truck immediately.

I'm not in exactly the same situation , I have kept my truck. But I haven't considered looking for a truck to settle on . I ordered what I ordered for a reason , I'm waiting on my truck . I'd vote wait if you can so you don't regret it , rent trucks to travel if that's all you need it for.

Just arrived home, definitely a great vehicle but major difference between a Raptor and the Tremor. Loving it so far cannot wait to put some more miles on it.

Attachments

• DFD4810F-C39F-4A57-AAF3-1EF90976E676.jpeg
    DFD4810F-C39F-4A57-AAF3-1EF90976E676.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 59
  • 93B86036-E8C6-48AC-8E39-E89B77ABF08C.jpeg
    93B86036-E8C6-48AC-8E39-E89B77ABF08C.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 4F08EF8B-12B1-422D-AFE4-0BC3886A004D.jpeg
    4F08EF8B-12B1-422D-AFE4-0BC3886A004D.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 59
This is unlikely. The complexity of this for Ford would not likely be worth the gain, as they’ll have no problem getting rid of these trucks as 2021s.

Also, we don’t know how many changes the 2022 might have. For example, the pro trailer backup system is very different on the F150 with Sync 4 than Sync 3. (Sensor based rather than computer vision based.) It’s possible the 2022’s have this newer system. As just one example of many small changes from a consumer perspective that are kind of big changes from a manufacturing perspective.
Good advice. The only unchanged tremor looks like xlt as it is not upgradable to sync4 from factory and looks like options are identical to 2021my xlt. This will sale a lot of lariats for 22 for the sync4

My eta is also showing 10/31. Talked to my dealer today and he said he has about 8 trucks (all retail orders) ordered around the same time that are sidelined for chips. Said he talked to their regional ford rep (which for me is atlanta) and he said the timeline for them is August - October.

Still seems like its anyone’s guess.

Same deal here, ordered 2/12, was built on 4/22....now says 10/31 arrival. Thank goodness I scooped one up that was already built (just good timing I guess) and I am sure glad I did!

Back