2021 orders. When?

I put a deposit on a Lariat that was incoming to the dealer - a few days later I was informed that the the truck status went from in transit to in storage and is parked and waiting for electronics like so many others - anybody in this situation overly concerned about having their truck sitting for weeks (lot rot) - how long is too long - it would be in my garage by now instead of baking in the sun etc.
The issue I'm seeing here is , unless that was a retail order , basically a customer ordered it, then it's behind retail orders for the parts .

The issue I'm seeing here is , unless that was a retail order , basically a customer ordered it, then it's behind retail orders for the parts .

I believe that's only true within the context of the dealerships allocation. e.g. If your particular dealership has multiple vehicles awaiting parts, those with higher priority codes (like retail orders may have) may take precedence.

I believe that's only true within the context of the dealerships allocation. e.g. If your particular dealership has multiple vehicles awaiting parts, those with higher priority codes (like retail orders may have) may take precedence.

This said, this is my understanding under normal conditions. We have absolutely no idea how Ford is managing their backlog right now and what little signal we've seen has been anecdotal and absent any particular pattern.

I put a deposit on a Lariat that was incoming to the dealer - a few days later I was informed that the the truck status went from in transit to in storage and is parked and waiting for electronics like so many others - anybody in this situation overly concerned about having their truck sitting for weeks (lot rot) - how long is too long - it would be in my garage by now instead of baking in the sun etc.
Did the same. Dealer said it would be here in April, then May, discounts were available each month. Now no superdutys available and no rebates, seems the truck will be $3k more expensive for me now.
did you lock a price in or agree to xplan?

Did the same. Dealer said it would be here in April, then May, discounts were available each month. Now no superdutys available and no rebates, seems the truck will be $3k more expensive for me now.
did you lock a price in or agree to xplan?
Money down with locked in out-the door price based on x-plan and 2K PCO - approximately 7K off 81K MSRP. Nice, fair deal but not done until I have it home...

The stock photo of antimatter blue isn’t even close to what it really looks like. Without direct sunlight it looks Black very unique and beautiful love the choice
I ordered an F350 Tremor back on March 3 2021 and it says its scheduled to deliver 5/28 but it says its still in "Production" phase!

@Norm
Could you tell us a little about your truck ? Yours shipped and there is a few of us with build dates around yours but ours are saying in storage. I'd like to get a understanding on what the differences are. Thanks

@Norm
Could you tell us a little about your truck ? Yours shipped and there is a few of us with build dates around yours but ours are saying in storage. I'd like to get a understanding on what the differences are. Thanks
The Tremor I ordered is an F350 XLT, 7.3, XLT premium package, navigation, 397 Amp Alternator with dual batteries, remote start, tailgate step, spray in bedliner, cloth 40/console/40 seat, and a few other minor items. I was just notified this morning that it arrived in Ayer Mass and awaiting shipping to dealer. They expect to see it in a couple of days. I sold my 2017 Raptor back to the dealer a few months ago and decided to order a more basic truck this time as I havea Reservation in for a Wildtrack Bronco and my wife has a 2020 Explorer ST and we did not want to spend to much for this truck. I hope you receive yours very soon also.

The Tremor I ordered is an F350 XLT, 7.3, XLT premium package, navigation, 397 Amp Alternator with dual batteries, remote start, tailgate step, spray in bedliner, cloth 40/console/40 seat, and a few other minor items. I was just notified this morning that it arrived in Ayer Mass and awaiting shipping to dealer. They expect to see it in a couple of days. I sold my 2017 Raptor back to the dealer a few months ago and decided to order a more basic truck this time as I havea Reservation in for a Wildtrack Bronco and my wife has a 2020 Explorer ST and we did not want to spend to much for this truck. I hope you receive yours very soon also.
Thanks for the info , hope you get your truck asap and enjoy it!

Is it normal for the process to be dragging along this slow?
16CA9D4D-B1E8-4BBD-8583-A029037B3B9D.png

Is it normal for the process to be dragging along this slow?View attachment 24653
Mine has shown the same since 5-11. Crossing my fingers it ships this week, if not I will be waiting till Aug. I do still have a delivery date that hasn't expired yet.

Last edited:
Back