12v Bed Power for a DC to DC Charger in my Truck Camper

lwgrubbs

Tremor Fan
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
38
Reaction Points
25
Location
Colorado
Current Ride #1
2022 F-350 6.7 Tremor
I did a bit of research on this trying to determine wire size, etc before jumping in. I was at a crossroads of running 4 AWG wire and 6 AWG wire. The problem is the size of the 4 AWG wire causes some routing issues when running and tucking it all the way to the rear of the truck. It's doable, but it's work. I did the math and decided that 6 AWG wire would work for my needs which was essentially 50 amps to the rear connector. Turns out I got everything right, the voltage drop is roughly 10% when under load but I anticipated this. I decided to detail my install in the video below for anyone else wanting to undertake this to hopefully ease the research. This also works the same for the 23+ trucks other than they made some slight changes to the wiring colors, etc with the upfitter switches. Otherwise it's identical (I had a 23 previously before going back to a 22). I hope you find this video useful.

 
Back
Top Bottom