After allot of debate with myself I took the plunge and went for it:

20210116_193258.jpg

20210115_221425.jpg
20210115_064440.jpg
20210115_221751.jpg
20210115_064403.jpg
20210115_064357.jpg

20210116_215129.jpg

I did a TON of research and could only find one other Magnetic (non-Tremor) Super Duty that was done. His whole video was about how bad the installer did, so it was hard to judge what he thought of the look. Well I can officially say I love it!

Ended up doing the stealth PPF on all painted surfaces, clear PPF on the grill/headlamps/fog lamps and mirror caps, ceramic coat over the top of all the PPF (helps with UV resistance, makes it easier to clean just like when it's applied to paint, and gives it a little bit of resistance against light scratches), and had the front windows tinted to match the rear. Installer threw in a glass coating which is a ceramic product that works like rain-x for the windows. Works great! Also got a full 5 year warranty on the PPF, any rock nicks, tears, lifting, etc. is covered 100% with no deductible or anything. Trust that I'll be having plenty of those issues when this kit is 4.8 years old....

The crazy contours of the "SUPER DUTY" on the hood and tailgate and the extra thick 8mil stealth wrap did not play nice, so the installer ended up trimming out the lettering by hand. It turned out amazing (guy has some talent!!) and I really like the subtle contrast it creates. Sadly due to the crappy weather we've been having since I picked it up I've yet to be able to see it in direct sunlight, or perfectly clean, which is when it will really pop. When I get an opportunity I'll snap some pictures of that and add them to this thread. Basically the metallic flake will shine through and really stand out. You can kind of get an idea of it from the hood shot showing the super duty detail. On the far right of that pic you can see the metallic flake jumping out. Also, it's filthy in all these pictures!! I included that last pic just so you could see how dirty it was, all pictures in the shop were taken at the same time. I've done ZERO editing (except the license plates). The matte finish hides dirt surprisingly well.

Questions I know are coming...
- How much?? - I had an installer that I work with on a daily basis do this for me, so I got a significant discount but it was still what I consider expensive. My wife about killed me.... My estimation for something like this at full retail is 7-9K with this installer. We all know that the installer makes ALL the difference with something like this, and this shop is the absolute best in my area.
- "Dude is that your garage??!?!" - No, I manage a very high end shop (hence working with this installer) and most of these pictures were taken in there because the weather outside has been terrible.

P.S. - If you guys are on the Facebook group I posted on there as well, sorry for the duplicate post, but wanted to make sure it was on this forum for anyone else looking for info on this type of PPF.

Technical info on product used: XPEL-STEALTH-TDS-82019-V1-1.pdf

Grabber

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350

View attachment 14237
View attachment 14236View attachment 14238View attachment 14239View attachment 14240View attachment 14241
View attachment 14244
I did a TON of research and could only find one other Magnetic (non-Tremor) Super Duty that was done. His whole video was about how bad the installer did, so it was hard to judge what he thought of the look. Well I can officially say I love it!

Ended up doing the stealth PPF on all painted surfaces, clear PPF on the grill/headlamps/fog lamps and mirror caps, ceramic coat over the top of all the PPF (helps with UV resistance, makes it easier to clean just like when it's applied to paint, and gives it a little bit of resistance against light scratches), and had the front windows tinted to match the rear. Installer threw in a glass coating which is a ceramic product that works like rain-x for the windows. Works great! Also got a full 5 year warranty on the PPF, any rock nicks, tears, lifting, etc. is covered 100% with no deductible or anything. Trust that I'll be having plenty of those issues when this kit is 4.8 years old....

The crazy contours of the "SUPER DUTY" on the hood and tailgate and the extra thick 8mil stealth wrap did not play nice, so the installer ended up trimming out the lettering by hand. It turned out amazing (guy has some talent!!) and I really like the subtle contrast it creates. Sadly due to the crappy weather we've been having since I picked it up I've yet to be able to see it in direct sunlight, or perfectly clean, which is when it will really pop. When I get an opportunity I'll snap some pictures of that and add them to this thread. Basically the metallic flake will shine through and really stand out. You can kind of get an idea of it from the hood shot showing the super duty detail. On the far right of that pic you can see the metallic flake jumping out. Also, it's filthy in all these pictures!! I included that last pic just so you could see how dirty it was, all pictures in the shop were taken at the same time. I've done ZERO editing (except the license plates). The matte finish hides dirt surprisingly well.

- How much?? - I had an installer that I work with on a daily basis do this for me, so I got a significant discount but it was still what I consider expensive. My wife about killed me.... My estimation for something like this at full retail is 7-9K with this installer. We all know that the installer makes ALL the difference with something like this, and this shop is the absolute best in my area.
- "Dude is that your garage??!?!" - No, I manage a very high end shop (hence working with this installer) and most of these pictures were taken in there because the weather outside has been terrible.

P.S. - If you guys are on the Facebook group I posted on there as well, sorry for the duplicate post, but wanted to make sure it was on this forum for anyone else looking for info on this type of PPF.

Really looks sharp!

OP
forcebwu19

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Ultimate Sport
Current Ride #2
1979 VW Rabbit (Golf) diesel, 1955 Chevy Belair
Awesome! I love the King Ranch detail. Well done!!

Kalizilla

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor Platinum 7.3
Current Ride #2
2006 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 Limited

View attachment 14237
View attachment 14236View attachment 14238View attachment 14239View attachment 14240View attachment 14241
View attachment 14244

Your truck came out great man! Just had the same thing done, picked her up today.

Decided to do Full Body XPEL Stealth PPF on all painted exterior surfaces. Had the Tremor decals removed. I know I'm going to get some hate mail for that one, but I am going for a cleaner look. Over the wheel wells we did gloss PPF instead of Stealth to give a contrast as well as the handles, the mirror caps and the F250 surround. Then because its a platinum we did black gloss on the grill. Then Ceramic Pro over all PPF surfaces on the exterior including glass, the new wheels that will be installed on Wednesday and all interior surfaces (leather, dash, misc plastic, etc.).

I didn't think about the clear PPF on the headlamps, going to have to add that. That's a great idea for extra protection.

Attached some quick pics I took today and one from the shop mid work
truck.jpg
tremor front.jpg
tremor1.jpg
. They are not close and don't have great detail. I will post more after I get the wheels and tires put on.

This project was quite an investment over 10k but if you think about how much we all spent on these trucks it's really not that much more of an investment in your paint/body.

My truck is going to be towing a toy hauler all over North and South America so I wanted the best protection I could find without going balls out and line-xing the whole truck! The PPF plus the ceramic coating is the way to go!

OP
forcebwu19

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Your truck came out great man! Just had the same thing done, picked her up today.

Decided to do Full Body XPEL Stealth PPF on all painted exterior surfaces. Had the Tremor decals removed. I know I'm going to get some hate mail for that one, but I am going for a cleaner look. Over the wheel wells we did gloss PPF instead of Stealth to give a contrast as well as the handles, the mirror caps and the F250 surround. Then because its a platinum we did black gloss on the grill. Then Ceramic Pro over all PPF surfaces on the exterior including glass, the new wheels that will be installed on Wednesday and all interior surfaces (leather, dash, misc plastic, etc.).

I didn't think about the clear PPF on the headlamps, going to have to add that. That's a great idea for extra protection.

Attached some quick pics I took today and one from the shop mid workView attachment 20175View attachment 20176View attachment 20177. They are not close and don't have great detail. I will post more after I get the wheels and tires put on.

This project was quite an investment over 10k but if you think about how much we all spent on these trucks it's really not that much more of an investment in your paint/body.

My truck is going to be towing a toy hauler all over North and South America so I wanted the best protection I could find without going balls out and line-xing the whole truck! The PPF plus the ceramic coating is the way to go!
Looks great!!

OP
forcebwu19

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
That looks awesome @forcebwu19 (y). If you get a chance could you post some additional photos outside with natural light?
20210321_075403.jpg
20210307_180548.jpg
20210123_081706.jpg
20210123_081557.jpg
20210321_183816.jpg

Oddly enough I don't have many in normal daylight, seems like they're all in near dusk/dawn. I'll see if I can get some tomorrow and follow up with them. The best I could find was the one with the camper behind it.

loglat

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
First Responder
Paramedic
I wanna do this so bad! But it’s sooo expensive and I’m concerned about the longevity in the Florida sun.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge