HOT! XLT Tremor thread. A friendly gathering spot for Pheasant observation. Warning Do Not Feed the Pheasants.

I own an XLT because….

• It’s the exact truck I wanted.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • It’s the exact truck I could afford.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • It’s the exact truck that was available when I needed a truck.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • It’s a work truck. No leather or butt massage needed.

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Other? Why did you choose the XLT?

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Who would drive an XLT? I’m just here to see what the poors are discussing.

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Not sure if everything is expensive, or I’m just poor.

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I’m just here for the Pheasants

Votes: 17 16.0%

• Total voters

TRAMPER

Lord of the Pheasants
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F350 XLT Premium Tremor, SAP, 7.3L
Current Ride #2
2023 Tesla Model Y
(I was) Stuck home with Covid and mindlessly scrolling, trying to find the bottom of the Interwebs, I saw threads on here for the “premium” Tremors but not one for us simple folk.

Now don’t get me wrong those other trim levels are fine for the asphalt cowboys/ cowgirls but we all know the XLT is the real American man’s truck.

No multi contour massaging seats, no two tone paint jobs, no 6ft wide tramp stamp across entire backend. Just a real American made, honest to goodness truck. Made to do truck shit.

Now I’m fully prepared to be roasted as a poor, and a pheasant for not having seats that massage my buttocks but when I ordered my truck the XLT was the one I wanted, not the one I settled for.

Anyone else love their XLT’s for the rough and ready, sweat on your brow, dirt under your fingernails trucks they are? Or did you buy it because that $100k limited cost more than your 20 year old double wide?

So no one thinks I’m being too serious here I drive a prissy little Tesla daily, and while I am a Union Mechanic; I hate to get my hands dirty as much as the rest of you Platinum owners. 😉

Last edited:
Hell I even ordered mine with a vinyl floor, I will say, if there is ONE thing I really really wish my XLT had its dual climate control. I’m married so…. I assume you all know how that goes! I’m actually thinking of adding a small auxiliary heater above the passenger side footwell just to keep the wife from complaining. So I guess the XLT isn’t that perfect after all.

Day she came home.
IMG_9698.jpeg

How she sits today.
IMG_0654.jpeg

I have a 2012 lariat f350. Nice truck but some of the lariat bells and whistles don’t work anymore. Sync doesn’t work, only the dealer can upgrade it. They want several hundred dollars to do so and the guy comes once every 2 weeks. The all digital cluster on the higher trims looks like a really high repair bill waiting up happen. I’ll probably add leather, don’t need to spend $9000 to get leather.

I have an xlt on the way, cloth, no carpet with a 7.3. The 6.7 is an awesome motor. At 180,000 miles the coming repair bills will be awesome for the mechanics bottom line. I’m going simple and less cost. I pull an 8000lb center console so the 7.3 is plenty for me.

Hell I even ordered mine with a vinyl floor, I will say, if there is ONE thing I really really wish my XLT had its dual climate control. I’m married so…. I assume you all know how that goes! I’m actually thinking of adding a small auxiliary heater above the passenger side footwell just to keep the wife from complaining. So I guess the XLT isn’t that perfect after all.
No, that's a big mistake. Don't kid yourself. The dual control at 95 degrees bleeds over to the driver side and cooks you. Even with yours set at 65 or Low. Best thing to do is to tell her it's broke. That didn't last long. My "friend" showed my wife how to work dual controls. Life has been cruel ever since. Even so, she keeps a jacket in the truck and brings a blanket. And I live in Florida. It's better to just take the grief, than to cook.

XLT wasn't available in 22 with the Tremor package so I opted for the Lariat, first level with the Tremor package. After adding all of the packages, it still came out very expensive. I've grown to like the creature features. My last truck was an XLT 7.3 D which I loved and owned for 20+ years.

Stuck home with Covid and mindlessly scrolling, trying to find the bottom of the Interwebs, I saw threads on here for the “premium” Tremors but not one for us simple folk.

Now don’t get me wrong those other trim levels are fine for the asphalt cowboys/ cowgirls but we all know the XLT is the real American man’s truck.

No multi contour massaging seats, no two tone paint jobs, no 6ft wide tramp stamp across entire backend. Just a real American made, honest to goodness truck. Made to do truck shit.

Now I’m fully prepared to be roasted as a poor, and a pheasant for not having seats that massage my buttocks but when I ordered my truck the XLT was the one I wanted, not the one I settled for.

Anyone else love their XLT’s for the rough and ready, sweat on your brow, dirt under your fingernails trucks they are? Or did you buy it because that $100k limited cost more than your 20 year old double wide?

So no one thinks I’m being too serious here I drive a prissy little Tesla daily, and while I am a Union Mechanic I hate to get my hands dirty as much as the rest of you Platinum owners. 😉
Lol. Now I'll never be able to look at the back of my truck without admiring my tramp stamp

The 21’ XLT has everything I wanted. Wish I’d deleted the carpet though.

I’d like leather because it’s easier to clean. Honestly would just want activeX like my wife’s expedition XLT. And a leather steering wheel would be nice. The plastic/rubber is already wearing on mine. I figure I’ll pick up a lariat wheel sometime in the future, and put in katskinz for under $2000 total. Bed camera would be neat to have but certainly not necessary for me

No, that's a big mistake. Don't kid yourself. The dual control at 95 degrees bleeds over to the driver side and cooks you. Even with yours set at 65 or Low. Best thing to do is to tell her it's broke. That didn't last long. My "friend" showed my wife how to work dual controls. Life has been cruel ever since. Even so, she keeps a jacket in the truck and brings a blanket. And I live in Florida. It's better to just take the grief, than to cook.

Dual climate keeps me from being single... Whats that worth?
Hahaha. Well we talked about it first. We came up with a compromise, what my wife calls her “truck boots” beautiful new pair of Uggs she wears when we travel and I’m blowing cold air on her toes lol. There’s no perfect solution but this is so far working for us.

I have a 2012 lariat f350. Nice truck but some of the lariat bells and whistles don’t work anymore. Sync doesn’t work, only the dealer can upgrade it. They want several hundred dollars to do so and the guy comes once every 2 weeks. The all digital cluster on the higher trims looks like a really high repair bill waiting up happen. I’ll probably add leather, don’t need to spend $9000 to get leather.

I have an xlt on the way, cloth, no carpet with a 7.3. The 6.7 is an awesome motor. At 180,000 miles the coming repair bills will be awesome for the mechanics bottom line. I’m going simple and less cost. I pull an 8000lb center console so the 7.3 is plenty for me.
Ohhhh careful now, as if we didn’t insult the rich class enough with the massaging leather seats and tramp stamp comments there’s already threads dedicated to that overpriced, unreliable, heavy, oil burner that us in the know avoided. 😉

Last edited:
They cut the XLT Tremor for '22 right before I ordered in December of '21. I do like the Lariat Ultimate I ended up with but other than heated/cooled leather, I woulda been just fine w an XLT.

I’d take a xlt all day long if it came with led headlights. Like all vehicles should at this point!
I’m Not a fan of aftermarket headlights though. Seems like they open a whole other can of worms. Stereo and other upgrades are way easier to do on a xlt.

I actually didn’t want leather, it’s fine don’t get me wrong but as I’m building mine for long trips I’m swapping mine out for Scheel-mann seats anyway. I do think a leather lariat steering wheel is in my future however.

I’d take a xlt all day long if it came with led headlights. Like all vehicles should at this point!
I’m Not a fan of aftermarket headlights though. Seems like they open a whole other can of worms. Stereo and other upgrades are way easier to do on a xlt.

These aren’t LED’s??
IMG_0295.jpeg

I actually didn’t want leather, it’s fine don’t get me wrong but as I’m building mine for long trips I’m swapping mine out for Scheel-mann seats anyway. I do think a leather lariat steering wheel is in my future however.
That's exactly what I woulda done too

Back