Winter grill cover in Montana?

Antimatterbluetremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep
Is anyone in the northern states using a grill cover in the winter? I am awaiting delivery and if I needed one I would rather go ahead and order it to have it here in advance. I also have a 3.0 Jeep GC with the ecodiesel, and was curious if you guys thought I would need one for it as well. I do a mix of mostly around town driving with occasional highway trips of 2+ hours each way 1-2x a month.

Good questions. If they do recommend it what cover is recommended.

Don’t think Ford offers one. And if they don’t offer it then it’s likely not recommended to use.

On the old diesel trucks I always used them. With all the new bull shit for emissions, I would not use one. Then again if its -20F for days I may consider if its not heating up to standard operating temp.

On the old diesel trucks I always used them. With all the new bull shit for emissions, I would not use one. Then again if its -20F for days I may consider if its not heating up to standard operating temp.

That is my concern, sometimes I do some short trips around town and it won't totally heat up. Ill talk to the dealership and see what they recommend.

That is my concern, sometimes I do some short trips around town and it won't totally heat up. Ill talk to the dealership and see what they recommend.
Be interested in what they say!

On days that cold I would probably take my Jeep on short trips and avoid short trips with the diesel or try and make them into longer trips.

I'm in Western Montana. Not as cold here as in the East. I don't use one. Never have. I just use the block heater and warm the truck in the morning. Seems to get to temperature ok.

Is anyone in the northern states using a grill cover in the winter? I am awaiting delivery and if I needed one I would rather go ahead and order it to have it here in advance. I also have a 3.0 Jeep GC with the ecodiesel, and was curious if you guys thought I would need one for it as well. I do a mix of mostly around town driving with occasional highway trips of 2+ hours each way 1-2x a month.
I was born and raised in Montana. I still have a place there and I have never seen anyone using one. I only plug my block heater in at might or during the day at work if its extremely cold out.

Back