Windshield Wiper De-Icer - Wiper Heater Option

HoosierDaddy

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Marines
Current Ride
15 Outback, 85 K30 CUCV
There were some comments elsewhere about a potential for off site third parties doing the spray in liners maybe.

You know a management dude drove it home a few times for "QA/QC purposes", lol!
Hope you're OK with 50 or 100 miles on the clock when it gets there. ;)

I eyeballed your sticker PDF , a few interesting things I had not spotted on the Ford "build it" web site.

Windshield wiper de-icer? What is that exactly? As I understand it, big rigs up north will have wiper blade heaters for de-icing....My Subarus have heated spots where the wipers nest on the bottom of the windshield. Something like either of those?

adaptive cruise control .... never had that before, definitely want it though. Didn't know it was available on the SD.

LED head lamps... another new thing to me, at least on a SD. Father in law has them on his Avalon and the low beams are wicked bright. The upper cut off is so abrupt though it is distracting if you are following him, lol.

@HDaddy the wiper heater is a new option on the 20's as is adaptive cruise. Dealer nor techs have seen wiper system yet nor could describe it. Also not on FORD.ca build n price but Manager and I saw it in his order software and checked it off. Handy tho in the mountain passes in winter, pulling over to clean your blades or window is a death wish in a snowstorm.
Had HID's put in aftermarket on my 15 F150 and will never have standard halogens again. Trying the OEM LED this time.

Well more awake this a.m. The wiper heater is listed (didn't see it last night) on Ford.ca. Little explanation though. Ford's other platforms use a filament system in the lower glass area. Would be nice to have a heated nozzle for windshield squirters as they freeze up often again dangerous in shirt weather in the mountain passes...... some European cars have this.

I know your pain. I'm near Chicago, so we see some snow here through the winter and plenty of cold.
Nothing like having to reach out and thwap the wiper because it's icing up while your driving. grrrrr

I'm really curious if that will be available on US trucks, I'm going to look into that. Poor wiper performance is one of my peeves.
Heated nozzles and windshield juice would be a nice bonus too.

Hoosier, Directly from Ford's online super duty build and price. (A windshield wiper de-icer is standard on Super Duty King Ranch®, Platinum and Limited; available on LARIAT. Includes rain-sensing windshield wipers.) I ordered it here in Idaho on my 2020 Lariat Sport Tremor. It showed on my build sheet as option 60W for $165..

WTH there is no mention of rain sensing wipers linked to the heating in the Canadian information QUOTE

Windshield Wiper De-icer $250.38

Add
A windshield wiper de-icer is optional on LARIAT; standard on King Ranch™, Platinum, and Limited.

Also annoying is the dual battery option I got and the US BnP (build and price) shows a needed upgrade in alternator output. OK sounds good. Go to Ford .ca and the dual batterys make no mention of a higher output option alternator needed OR EVEN AVAILABLE AS A STAND ALONE...... for the truck Yet when I try to pick the two lower output options on the BnP it gets angry and wants to delete and kick out the Tremor option. For crying out loud can Ford not get there feces together for a better and comprehensive web experience. SO I am assuming and probably correct that the high output Alt is linked to the dual battery option...... but also to the Tremor package. The US website clearly states you want the dual battery you need to pony up for the HO alternator, simple.

It is an option (60W) for Lariats and is standard on the higher models. Note also comes with heated steering wheel. The asterisk just shows that it is a new option for this year.

60W.png

I think this is similar to the option on the F150’s. I have it on my 18 Raptor and the de-icer has really come in handy in the mountains during snow squalls. I would get it if you are doing much winter driving. I turned off the rain sensing wipers though, they were a little to sensitive and would come on with just a light mist. I use rain-x wiper fluid that works good for those situations. The heated steering wheel is also one of those things I could take or leave. Nice when you first get in the truck but annoying once it’s warmed up.

It is an option (60W) for Lariats and is standard on the higher models. Note also comes with heated steering wheel. The asterisk just shows that it is a new option for this year.

View attachment 141

I take it this option did not last very long?

Would love to have windshield wiper de icer

I take it this option did not last very long?

Would love to have windshield wiper de icer
2020 was the last year for the super duties to have them unfortunately.

I use -25 windshield washer fluid and that stuff works great.
Is the heated de-icer an option that we can add back now? If so, does anyone that has the option have a part #? I have a 2021 Platinum & I don’t have it. If I could get part numbers & they were available, then I’d consider adding to my build if it was not a major pain.

Is the heated de-icer an option that we can add back now? If so, does anyone that has the option have a part #? I have a 2021 Platinum & I don’t have it. If I could get part numbers & they were available, then I’d consider adding to my build if it was not a major pain.
The entire windshield has to be replaced. Not worth it IMO, unless you’re due for a replacement from rock chips.

Back