Windshield Tint

Bill_D

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021F250 6.7L
Has anyone successfully had their windshield tinted? I tried to have mine done and the installer tried 5 times before giving up. Every time ended up with a crease in the final corner. Product was Xpel XR Prime Plus 85%.

Heading to pick mine up right now. Installer said that he definitely earned his money. Not sure what that means.???

I’ve had the top 5ish inches done. No problem with that.

Talked to an installer about doing mine to 50%. He quoted the price and said another guy who works there did his Tremor and he also told me he has a Tremor on order also. There's no reason why it's harder than any other vehicle, probably easier than my Mustang and it was done.

Not on the Tremor but on my other cars. Its great for down south but here in WI when its dark out all the time hard to see in the winter. But I love it in the heat. makes a huge difference.

I had 3M Crystalline 70% done on the front, for UV / Heat and Glare reduction. The front is a lot of real estate in summer. They did all six in about 2.5 hours, did a good job, they are a 3M Premier installer.

Has anyone successfully had their windshield tinted? I tried to have mine done and the installer tried 5 times before giving up. Every time ended up with a crease in the final corner. Product was Xpel XR Prime Plus 85%.
Had my entire windshield done with Xpel XR Prime Plus 70%, and a 5 inch eyebrow with Xpel XR Prime Plus 5%. Came out great, no issues.

Well, what the crap? Lol. Maybe the cut was off? I watched him do it, and while I’m no installer, it seemed like it was going well up until the last corner. He literally tried it from all different angles and it came out the same at the end. Not perfect. On a positive note, he didn’t charge me anything and was a perfectionist. As soon as there was a flaw, it was removed.

I have had my last 4 vehicles done all the way around, 3M Premier installer every time and they always are spot on. They use like a CAD cutting machine. Taint cheep, but it looks great and cuts down the heat.

Had mine done, no issues to report also had the glass roof done too. 50% ceramic I believe don’t know the brand off hand though.

I had 3M Crystalline 70% done on the front, for UV / Heat and Glare reduction. The front is a lot of real estate in summer. They did all six in about 2.5 hours, did a good job, they are a 3M Premier installer.
Dont mean to hijack but I have a 3M dealer close and considering the crystalline as well. Did you use the crystalline all around or just the front? If so did it match the factory rear well? The installer told me it has slightly different color to it than normal tint so I was curious how it would blend in with the factory.

Dont mean to hijack but I have a 3M dealer close and considering the crystalline as well. Did you use the crystalline all around or just the front? If so did it match the factory rear well? The installer told me it has slightly different color to it than normal tint so I was curious how it would blend in with the factory.
I did Crystalline all the way around. The Crystalline has more of a brown to it, which to me matches the factory vs the 3M Ceramic and other lines that had more of a gray / black to them. Now, for the other five I wanted to only go with 50%, but they were out of it, so they used 40%. I am happy with it, I was really only going for the UV and glare reduction especially on the back three as they already had some tint. As big as the truck is and at my age I want to be able to still see, especially at night.

Last edited:
I did Crystalline all the way around. The Crystalline has more of a brown to it, which to me matches the factory vs the 3M Ceramic and other lines that had more of a gray to them. Now, for the other five I wanted to only go with 50%, but they were out of it, so they used 40%. I am happy with it, I was really only going for the UV and glare reduction especially on the back three as they already had some tint. As big as the truck is and at my age I want to be able to still see, especially at night.
Thanks for the info, I am looking for UV/glare reduction as well so that is most important to me, not looking to get it very dark. Glade to hear it matched well.

Thanks for the info, I am looking for UV/glare reduction as well so that is most important to me, not looking to get it very dark. Glade to hear it matched well.
Heres some shots to give you an idea, sides are 40%.
IMG_6286.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6288.jpg
    IMG_6288.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6289.jpg
    IMG_6289.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6290.jpg
    IMG_6290.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 52
I had my entire windshield done at 80%

Had mine done with Ceramic 80% love it.

Mine is done at 35% ceramic. No issues and really cools the truck down

My local tint guy said when he does Ford’s windshields they have a halo or starburst effect on on coming traffic cause of the way they make the windshield. He only uses ceramic tint. Can anyone confirm this is true and how bad is it?

Back