Windshield Tint Question

kmtweb

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Alumiduty 7.3
The question is directed to those of you have have tint on your windshield. I'm see some slight distortion in some areas of my windshield. I had it tinted with Xpel primeXR 70%. I've already taken in it twice to have them redo the windshield as there some distortion's within my line of sight from the drivers seat. Seems to be most visible during daylight. Is this a characteristic of windshield or the film in general, a defect, or something else? Getting quite frustrated to say the least.

I went with 35% on the Expedition and the first couple of days there was some slight haze in spots but that cleared up and looks perfect now.

I've tinted two prior windshields (don't have the Tremor yet but it'll be tinted too). I believe it's LLumar 80 that my shop uses. Anyway, both vehicles never suffered from any distortion. Some small bubbles went away in about 48 hours but never a distortion. Maybe a new shop?

The question is directed to those of you have have tint on your windshield. I'm see some slight distortion in some areas of my windshield. I had it tinted with Xpel primeXR 70%. I've already taken in it twice to have them redo the windshield as there some distortion's within my line of sight from the drivers seat. Seems to be most visible during daylight. Is this a characteristic of windshield or the film in general, a defect, or something else? Getting quite frustrated to say the least.
I had my truck tinted with the same XPEL exactly like yours, no distortion, no issues.

I have my full windshield tinted at 70%, I believe with suntek ceramic. No distortion after 24 hours or so.

This has been the first thing I do for my cars after experiencing the difference.

I have 3M Crystalline 70%, it’s clear.

I think that I got hoodwinked by a subcontractor using a different brand of product. I'm going to contact another Xpel dealer and have them redo it. Really sucks that I had to waste so much time just to spend my money with a local company. Lesson learned.

Latest Discussions

Back