Windshield Recall

Daimyo68

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor, 7.3
Current Ride #2
2023 SRT Charger
Came across this today, for those who may have wind noise and/or water leaks. Hope it helps some

NHTSA Document: PDF Document

95% of vehicles! Wow.
?‍♂️

Just had this recall completed today. Pretty painless, dealer had a glass company do what was needed.

Just had this recall completed today. Pretty painless, dealer had a glass company do what was needed.
What was the fix exactly? The recall is unclear: It says the problem is with the paint/clearcoat the window is being adhered to. And then says little about the fix. Are they using a different adhesive to adhere the glass to the bad paint/clearcoat?

I do not know and didn’t ask. I do know they removed my stock windshield and reinstalled it.

The silicone adhesive used to adhere the windshield to the truck.

Not the first time silicone has had issues, I see it all the time

I understood that the surface they stick the windshield on to was supposed to be clean raw metal and it was painted. They remove the windshield, clean the paint off, and reinstall the windshield. Mine is scheduled for Monday & Tuesday. It’s a two day project.

I hope yours goes better than mine. The windshield cracked when they attempted to remove. New windshields are on back order, and they had to place an emergency order. Its been sitting at the glass shop all week. Hopefully they will have one in by Friday. You would think they would have one or two on standby for these recalls but that would make too much sense I guess. I am glad I waited on tint and ceramic coat until that process was completed though.

I hope yours goes better than mine. The windshield cracked when they attempted to remove. New windshields are on back order, and they had to place an emergency order. Its been sitting at the glass shop all week. Hopefully they will have one in by Friday. You would think they would have one or two on standby for these recalls but that would make too much sense I guess. I am glad I waited on tint and ceramic coat until that process was completed though.

How did this go, @stubby? Did they get the windshield shipped and installed?

Yeah it only took about a week and a half but they did get it done and I have a new windshield now. Now I can complete window tinting and ceramic coating next week. New windshield looks good and the recall is complete but I will make sure they have all parts before doing any other recalls. They had almost a month to make sure they had a replacement on hand, and chose not to (based off the statement made by the first service writer that none have cracked or been broken yet). When I asked for a replacement truck over the weekend I was told they could only offer me a car, which doesn't really help. I guess I should have asked for a convertible and then went and picked up a load of gravel. Or just load the dirt bikes in the back seat.

A second service writer was involved and then gave me a completely different story so I know now one was lying which really annoys me. I also didn't like my diesel being started up every day, backed out, shut off. Then started up, pulled in, shut off. The service guy tried to tell me that wasn't happening but it was and I could see this via FordPass. I was told the truck is under warranty and I shouldn't worry... The first service guy told me that there wasn't a windshield on it, then it moved outside and I was like wtf, so I drove over to see if it was as described. Thankfully my truck wasn't sitting in a parking lot without a windshield.

It never occurred to me that a convertible could double as a dump truck. I wonder if this type of situation is how the El Camino was born. ?

dl-200703-elc-15.jpg

Yeah it only took about a week and a half but they did get it done and I have a new windshield now. Now I can complete window tinting and ceramic coating next week. New windshield looks good and the recall is complete but I will make sure they have all parts before doing any other recalls. They had almost a month to make sure they had a replacement on hand, and chose not to (based off the statement made by the first service writer that none have cracked or been broken yet). When I asked for a replacement truck over the weekend I was told they could only offer me a car, which doesn't really help. I guess I should have asked for a convertible and then went and picked up a load of gravel. Or just load the dirt bikes in the back seat.

A second service writer was involved and then gave me a completely different story so I know now one was lying which really annoys me. I also didn't like my diesel being started up every day, backed out, shut off. Then started up, pulled in, shut off. The service guy tried to tell me that wasn't happening but it was and I could see this via FordPass. I was told the truck is under warranty and I shouldn't worry... The first service guy told me that there wasn't a windshield on it, then it moved outside and I was like wtf, so I drove over to see if it was as described. Thankfully my truck wasn't sitting in a parking lot without a windshield.
You and I are cut from the same type of cloth. This kind of stuff really angers me. Some dealerships employ the lowest common denominator.

I already tinted my windshield with 70% ceramic coating.

I have no wind noise and no leaks... I'm avoiding this and a dealership from touching my sexy beast for as long as possible. I can't stand those teenagers and their grubby little dick beaters touching my truck!

You and I are cut from the same type of cloth. This kind of stuff really angers me. Some dealerships employ the lowest common denominator.
Yeah, my previous service guy was awesome but he decided to move to sales. Sadly the delays and problems could have been solved by having parts on hand and I would have gladly pushed out the service appointment until replacements were available. I do have a problem when people lie or say something dumb like its under warranty.

I still have not replaced my windshield under warranty. I now have a crack in the windshield. Do you guys think they will replace my windshield with a new one or tell me to go through insurance?

I still have not replaced my windshield under warranty. I now have a crack in the windshield. Do you guys think they will replace my windshield with a new one or tell me to go through insurance?
Dude they’ll take your cracked ass window out and properly glue it back in. The warranty is a glue issue, not a free windshield.

Back