Window Tint examples - let's see 'em

Yea if I didn't know it was tinted you can barely tell....is it visible from outside does it darken the windshield much if at all. I like the look when I pass trucks and you can barely tell the windshield is tinted. I'm not sure if those guys are running 50% or 35%.
4BDA48DA-67C9-40FF-B02B-969F9920613A.jpeg

It’s cloudy right now but for the most part it does darken it a bit if you’re seeing it from outside. Folk with 35 you can’t see into especially if they 5 all around lol

Hi there! I love seeing how people personalize their cars with window tint. It can make a big difference in the overall appearance of the car. But it's not just about aesthetics, tint can also provide some functional benefits like reducing heat and glare.
Window shades for baby are a must-have for parents with babies or young children. They help keep the sun out of their eyes and protect their delicate skin from harmful UV rays.

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts on LLumar FormulaOne Stratos or LLumar FormulaOne Pinnacle? The Stratos Quote was $700 for 4 doors and rear in any percentage tint and the Pinnacle line was $450. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra money. I think I'd like the tint shade to be the same or close to the same between front and rear doors so I'm thinking I'd have to tint the front down to 35% and maybe rears would need to be +50% to be as similar as possible. I know the shop said they could be LLumar Air 80 on rears if I wanted to maybe go up to 50% tint on front so it's not to dark and they'd like match.

Took mine in today. 35% all around (in the rear 35% on top of factory). 70% on the windshield. I love the look. Still have to drive it in the darkness, but I am already super happy with the results.

Next ... of to CJC Offroad in Long Beach on Tuesday to check out their Tremor, Carli Pintop, and potentially Carly E-Venture + discuss wheel and tire options. :)
Do you recall what tint line you went with?

I looked it up, has to do with targeting infrared wavelengths instead of visible spectrum. I didn't see anything about a correlation between visible spectrum and infrared, but it makes sense now how that could work with different films

While this post may be a bit dated, hopefully I can still shed light on the dynamics of window films. In a straightforward comparison, darker films outperform lighter ones when of the same type. However, when comparing lower-quality dye or carbon-based films to higher-quality ceramic or multilayered optical films, the scenario can flip, and a lighter film might outperform a darker one.

Diving into specifics:

**Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER):**
This measures the percentage of total solar energy rejected by filmed glass, indicating lower transmission of solar heat. Higher TSER values are desirable.

**Infrared Rejected (IR):**
This represents the percentage of solar infrared energy rejection within the wavelength range of 900-1,000 nm. It's crucial as infrared rays contribute to heat.

For instance, Crystalline Window Film with a 90% (light) shade boasts a 34% TSER and 90% IR rejection. In comparison, the cheaper FX Premium in a 5% (dark) shade has a 44% TSER and 21% IR rejection. While the Crystalline 90 might be deemed superior in IR reduction, it's essential to note that IR is just one facet of TSER (heat).

Delving deeper:

Taking the example of FX Premium in a 5% shade, it reports 21% IR rejection and a 44% TSER. However, solely relying on one factor can be misleading. Consider the 55% shade of FX Premium, showing a slightly better 23% IR rejection but a lower TSER of 31%, indicating 13% less heat rejection than the 5% shade.

Confused? Don't worry; a reputable shop with knowledgeable staff can guide you through these numbers and showcase the differences firsthand.

While this post may be a bit dated, hopefully I can still shed light on the dynamics of window films. In a straightforward comparison, darker films outperform lighter ones when of the same type. However, when comparing lower-quality dye or carbon-based films to higher-quality ceramic or multilayered optical films, the scenario can flip, and a lighter film might outperform a darker one.

Diving into specifics:

**Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER):**
This measures the percentage of total solar energy rejected by filmed glass, indicating lower transmission of solar heat. Higher TSER values are desirable.

**Infrared Rejected (IR):**
This represents the percentage of solar infrared energy rejection within the wavelength range of 900-1,000 nm. It's crucial as infrared rays contribute to heat.

For instance, Crystalline Window Film with a 90% (light) shade boasts a 34% TSER and 90% IR rejection. In comparison, the cheaper FX Premium in a 5% (dark) shade has a 44% TSER and 21% IR rejection. While the Crystalline 90 might be deemed superior in IR reduction, it's essential to note that IR is just one facet of TSER (heat).

Delving deeper:

Taking the example of FX Premium in a 5% shade, it reports 21% IR rejection and a 44% TSER. However, solely relying on one factor can be misleading. Consider the 55% shade of FX Premium, showing a slightly better 23% IR rejection but a lower TSER of 31%, indicating 13% less heat rejection than the 5% shade.

Confused? Don't worry; a reputable shop with knowledgeable staff can guide you through these numbers and showcase the differences firsthand.
My local shop has a heat lamp in a 4 sided box that demonstrates exactly this.
No film.
Cheap 5% dyed,
their middle of the road film at 35%
Top tier film in clear at 90%

And it's wild to see the "clear" outperform everything.

My local shop has a heat lamp in a 4 sided box that demonstrates exactly this.
No film.
Cheap 5% dyed,
their middle of the road film at 35%
Top tier film in clear at 90%

And it's wild to see the "clear" outperform everything.
Yeah, ceramic film is a game changer!

Back