Winch Install

SamuraiJones44

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2019 Raptor
I hoping you guys can help with a recommendation. I finally got my winch in and the damn local dealer wont install it. Yes my truck has all the requirements. I am in the process of moving and all my tools are packed up. Does anyone know of place that will install the winch. Corpus area preferred but I can go to Houston if it can be done the same day.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I hoping you guys can help with a recommendation. I finally got my winch in and the damn local dealer wont install it. Yes my truck has all the requirements. I am in the process of moving and all my tools are packed up. Does anyone know of place that will install the winch. Corpus area preferred but I go to Houston if it can be done the same day.
Thanks in advance
Did they give a reason? That’s pretty crazy.

Also was the winch a factory order that arrived late? Or an aftermarket purchase?

Cause my local dealer sucks. They said they done mess with winches. I bought it from a Ford dealer.
Bizarre and dumb. I would say push on Ford to get the dealer to install it, but honestly probably don’t want them touching it at this point. Good luck with the install!

Instagram advertisement. Notice anything on the install? 😇

E4FCA924-F47C-403C-A643-BC603DE8E0C5.jpeg

Op - sorry I meant to post my photo in the other thread with the nearly identical name.

As others have mentioned, take the job to a different dealer.

Picked up my truck last night and forgot to take a close look at the winch install. Sure enough, went out this morning to get familiar and noticed the giant green rubber band still attached preventing release of the majority of winch travel. Can I just cut this off myself or does this require surgery of a more detailed nature? Thanks!

Picked up my truck last night and forgot to take a close look at the winch install. Sure enough, went out this morning to get familiar and noticed the giant green rubber band still attached preventing release of the majority of winch travel. Can I just cut this off myself or does this require surgery of a more detailed nature? Thanks!
Before you try and pull the rope out, make sure they used the right bolts with the smooth head! If they used the wrong ones you’ll see bolts sticking up from the bottom that are super close to the winch rope.

If you ordered it with your truck I would call Ford Corp and file a complaint...Factory installed my ass.
Ordered with the truck. The dealership is 1.5 hours away but they would accept X-plan pricing and I’ve used them in the past. That said, this is the first winch they’ve ever seen. I really don’t want to go back down there to have the band removed if I can just do that myself. Unfortunately, I have no idea if removal is as simple as cutting it myself or if this requires a re-install? Hoping the hive mind here can shed some light. I will definitely complain once the survey arrives.

EDIT: went out and cut the band and removed it. Easy, should have just attempted that first before posting.

Last edited:
This might be a unicorn, but any of the Chapman crew have them install the winch--looking for feedback on how well they did the job.

Back