Winch Install!

On the Warn site, it shows the 9XP-S with a 22.7" overall width (6.3" depth, 7.7" height).

The M15-S is 25.2" L x 8.5" D x 11" H.
The 16.5TI-S is 24.2 L x 8.5" D x 9.7" H.

Does the 12 XP-S have the same dimensions as the 9XP-S? Is 1.5" left and right not going to happen?

I called Warn and they said pretty much no other winch would fit in that space.
I'll measure again for you in about an hour, at least as best I can with it installed

So has anyone ordered this kit by itself? Bought my Tremor earlier this year and want to add the winch now.
have a couple of friends that work for ford in the parts dept (one in Pa one in NY) gave them the parts # and they have no clue i'll just have to wait

On the Warn site, it shows the 9XP-S with a 22.7" overall width (6.3" depth, 7.7" height).

The M15-S is 25.2" L x 8.5" D x 11" H.
The 16.5TI-S is 24.2 L x 8.5" D x 9.7" H.

Does the 12 XP-S have the same dimensions as the 9XP-S? Is 1.5" left and right not going to happen?

I called Warn and they said pretty much no other winch would fit in that space.
Ok, there might be room width wise but not with the brackets in the kit.
I see about 22 ¾” between the factory brackets, and again that’s the best I can tell with it installed.
The winch is about 20”- 20 ¼”.
There is about 30” between main frame rails.

It might be possible to fit a bigger winch if you fabbed your own brackets, and if the diameter wasn’t much bigger.

I would also add that you would probably also have to fab a custom front plate where the Fairlead bolts on.

So in summary, with some serious fab work in order to make it fit through the Tremor bumper maybe a bigger winch, maybe...

I’d say remove your bumper and find a Warn dealer that will let you hold up your desired winch and then figure if you could make your own brackets and that it’d fit through the bumper

I would also add that you would probably also have to fab a custom front plate where the Fairlead bolts on.

So in summary, with some serious fab work in order to make it fit through the Tremor bumper maybe a bigger winch, maybe...

I’d say remove your bumper and find a Warn dealer that will let you hold up your desired winch and then figure if you could make your own brackets and that it’d fit through the bumper
Thanks a million for your assistance.

I need to mention another very important detail if trying to add some other winch.

The control box. A big part of the Tremor winch package is how and where the control box is mounted/located. So it would have to be dealt with if trying to add a larger winch. The box is located outside the drivers side main rail and the electrical connection is modified to accommodate this. The Fairlead has an extension cord to reach the control box. So this would be a huge consideration.

I love the Factor, it lays flat and firm when stowed, nothing flopping around
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG

Super jealous that looks awesome! On my list of things to buy whenever I can order the Winch separately.
Dang it! It's gotta be frustrating for those of you waiting. Sure hope Ford gets it together and gets these kits out!

Dang it! It's gotta be frustrating for those of you waiting. Sure hope Ford gets it together and gets these kits out!
I was happy to get my order in when I did for the 2020 Silver Spruce so really can't complain. Just would have been nice to get the Winc either with it or soon after. I blame the COVID anyway for all of it.

I was happy to get my order in when I did for the 2020 Silver Spruce so really can't complain. Just would have been nice to get the Winc either with it or soon after. I blame the COVID anyway for all of it.
Maybe so. I don't have anything really to base this on but it seems like Ford just wanted to get trucks out the door without anything slowing them down, including winches. I feel rather lucky because my dealer initially didn't know anything about how to order it. It was from info on this forum that I provided to my dealer that he was able to have the 15W code and winch part number. And I told him to expect the winch a week or two ahead of truck delivery, which is how it went down

Ok, there might be room width wise but not with the brackets in the kit.
I see about 22 ¾” between the factory brackets, and again that’s the best I can tell with it installed.
The winch is about 20”- 20 ¼”.
There is about 30” between main frame rails.

It might be possible to fit a bigger winch if you fabbed your own brackets, and if the diameter wasn’t much bigger.

So who's gonna be the first to try to fab some new brackets and see if a 16.5Ti-s will fit behind a factory Tremor bumper?

So who's gonna be the first to try to fab some new brackets and see if a 16.5Ti-s will fit behind a factory Tremor bumper?
This is really what I want to try. I’m kinda chicken. I guess it’s only money.

@Fordseniormaster

Thanks for taking the time to post this info, but most of all, thanks for being such an ass kicker. I really enjoy it when people take initiative and refuse to travel the "that's close enough" path. You've done this site and this growing community an incredible service. ?

My dealer was able to perfect follow your lead and my winch instal looks incredible....
DBB2-CFE4-401-C-4505-9643-8-E81-FE529-F46.jpg

MB

Last edited:
@Fordseniormaster

Thanks for taking the time to post this info, but most of all, thanks for being such an ass kicker. I really enjoy it when people take initiative and refuse to travel the "that's close enough" path. You've done this site and this growing community an incredible service. ?

My dealer was able to perfect follow your lead and my winch instal looks incredible....
DBB2-CFE4-401-C-4505-9643-8-E81-FE529-F46.jpg

MB
Looks good, i absolutely hate when i see shady work. Its way quicker to do it right the first time. I try and will continue to try and help as much as i can. I get crazy busy trying to keep these Ford's rolling. By the way not sure if y'all have seen the new TSB for the trans issues that we have been having. LOL.
But thanks for the kind words, in my business the only customers we seem to hear from is the ones that are pissed off, nice to hear good stuff also.

Back