Winch Install!

Haha, given his huge attention to detail I was surprised he missed that!
It shows that he's "by the book" and the book tells people to toss it - but I wish he addressed it. I think that's a missed opportunity. Oh well...

It shows that he's "by the book" and the book tells people to toss it - but I wish he addressed it. I think that's a missed opportunity. Oh well...
Given that most dealers don't even get the bolt situation correct, I'd take by the book any day! Haha :p

For those that ordered the winch with their truck, how long did the winch take to get to the dealer? Mine is saying “they don’t know” when it will be in and I’ve taken delivery of the truck

For those that ordered the winch with their truck, how long did the winch take to get to the dealer? Mine is saying “they don’t know” when it will be in and I’ve taken delivery of the truck
Normally they get shipped to the dealer before the truck. But it doesn't always happen. Your VIN will be printed on the labels, and the winch comes on a small pallet so hopefully they figure it out when it does get there (if it hasn't already).

Mine showed up with the truck. Picked up Big Red on a Thursday and brought it back on Tuesday for the install based in service center workload. Dealer did a good job; no issues.

Mine was about a week later. Also, my trailer tire pressure monitor/ trailer camera kit wasn’t with the truck either and also showed up a week later.

2 weeks post delivery for me.

What is the best way to remount the adaptive cruise unit to the winch/bumper? I tried to remove the stock studs with no luck to remount them. I got the feeling they were super glued and I need to find replacements.

Last edited:
Back