Winch Install Question

MImike

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch Tremor
Hey all,

Just curious as my tremor is expected to be delivered in sub 3 weeks with the factory winch option ordered, who installed your winch? My dealer hasn't received one to install but from reading the forums it seems there is a split. Who got factory installed and who's dealer installed. Any issues to look out for either way? Feedback Appreciated

I believe they are all 100% dealer installed. They ship to the dealer on a pallet separately from the truck.

Still waiting on my winch that I ordered with my truck. Took delivery of the truck two weeks ago and my winch still has not showed up. Hope you all have better luck

Edit: dealer just texted me my winch has finally showed up.
truck showed up feb 10
took delivery feb 13
winch showed up March 3 now to schedule an install date

Last edited:
Still waiting on my winch that I ordered with my truck. Took delivery of the truck two weeks ago and my winch still has not showed up. Hope you all have better luck
My winch arrived at the dealership before my truck.

They sure made it sound like it would be a factory installed option when ordered with the truck. That is slightly disappointing as shipping currently is a mess as it is. I know my dealership will do a great job but it would have been nice to have the truck show up completed.

They sure made it sound like it would be a factory installed option when ordered with the truck. That is slightly disappointing as shipping currently is a mess as it is. I know my dealership will do a great job but it would have been nice to have the truck show up completed.
I was surprised that the factory installed my mud flaps, hood protector, and front folding lícense plate. I expected those to ship inside the truck to be installed by the dealer. Would have been a home run if the winch was also installed like you said.

I told dealer I would install myself, they said no problem.

Winch has been installed by the dealer! Looks good in the pic.
2F3717A1-8734-4C51-AC6F-1E95CA13F8C8.jpeg

They left off the bottom trim piece and I’d bet the farm that they left the 2 valance bolts sticking up into the winch rope.
Good catch! I will ask to about it. Thanks!

Is this better?
6B19B791-9A0F-4BB0-8A15-33A214F3BC71.jpeg

Back