1337logan

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
22yo girlfriend in college
Going to be installing my winch soon myself. I have adaptive cruise. How is the recalibration supposed to work? Is it a guarantee that I'll need this, and if so, can I recalibrate on my own?

Thanks

Going to be installing my winch soon myself. I have adaptive cruise. How is the recalibration supposed to work? Is it a guarantee that I'll need this, and if so, can I recalibrate on my own?

Thanks
I installed mine yesterday I had no issues and the adaptive cruise works perfect

Attachments

• IMG_8208.jpg
    IMG_8208.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 34
How long did install take? Did you need a lift?
So just being honest it took all in about 6-7 hours I am 54 and I took my time to do it right. Made some mistakes along the way. Now that I know how to do it, I am thinking probably could be done in 3-4 hours
I did it alone on the ground at my shop. No lift it really wasn't necessary. Ford install quotes several install operations as two man jobs ( at least helpers needed )

The recalibration is just a quick reset at a dealer. It’s done with our scan tool. Most likely you won’t actually need it but there’s the danger of you slamming into the back of a slow moving car with the cruise on so they make sure to put it in the instructions. I’d drive it for a while and be cautious when coming to a slow moving car. Maybe the first few times swerve side to side a little to make sure the radar is picking it up ok. You’ll feel the truck hit the gas to get to your set speed if it gets to the point where it doesn’t pick up the car. If it feels like it’s detecting cars good and no messages come up on the dash I wouldn’t worry about it.

The recalibration is just a quick reset at a dealer. It’s done with our scan tool. Most likely you won’t actually need it but there’s the danger of you slamming into the back of a slow moving car with the cruise on so they make sure to put it in the instructions. I’d drive it for a while and be cautious when coming to a slow moving car. Maybe the first few times swerve side to side a little to make sure the radar is picking it up ok. You’ll feel the truck hit the gas to get to your set speed if it gets to the point where it doesn’t pick up the car. If it feels like it’s detecting cars good and no messages come up on the dash I wouldn’t worry about it.
Awesome, thanks a lot ?

Back