Will my Tremor fit?

pkrexer

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7L Tremor
So I didn't even think about how my new tremor that I'll be getting in a few months might not fit in my garage.

It's a 7ft garage, but I measure about 82"

I've heard the tremor measures around 83" tall.

Sounds like I'll be parking out in the driveway.

I go through a touch less 7’ car wash. It’s going to be verrrrrrry close!

Too close to call, the new antenna things on the top don't help

Yeah if it isn't 84" you won't be fitting...at least not without squatting like with weight. It measure around 83"

So I measured again, and if I take a trim piece off the top of the opening, it'll give me about 83.25 inches.

It'll be tight, maybe I'll toss in a few hundred pounds of sand bags in the bed if needed ?

So I measured again, and if I take a trim piece off the top of the opening, it'll give me about 83.25 inches.

It'll be tight, maybe I'll toss in a few hundred pounds of sand bags in the bed if needed ?
you can always lower your tire pressure too .... but it be i need to protect my baby from a storm or riot ... not a everyday thing .... or make the garage bigger? hahaha

Thankfully I have an 8ft door but front to back is really close as well, less than a foot on each end to spare.

I have a Can-am Defender XMR. One the page I follow for it a guy braced his garage roof. Then cut all the way around. Then jacked up the roof like 3 feet. Then added onto the wall to lower the roof back down on it. It looked and sounded legit. Maybe an option for you....

I made sure when we built back in 2016 that the garage was over-sized and huge. Doors are 8x18, and 8x9, not your normal 7x16 and 7x8 crap. Also have at least 18-20 inches to spare when parked inside front to back.

There is a weather strip on the garage door that may need to be removed and look at the arm from a door opener, often there is a bracket that is long ( universal fitment) and hangs down lower than the door opening. It could scrape on your roof. Your door opener will need to be adjusted to make sure it opens all the way.

I just had to "mod" my garage this past weekend. Truck measured 84 and a quarter inches, with the garage door all the way up it measured 85" I had to rip out the top 2x6 header to get my truck to fit . I then put the top aluminum trim back in but backwards so it laid flat. I just need to repaint but turned out okay.

Attachments

• IMG-1.jpg
    IMG-1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG-2.jpg
    IMG-2.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG-3.jpg
    IMG-3.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG-4.jpg
    IMG-4.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG-5.jpg
    IMG-5.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 297
That's a little discouraging, everything I read online puts it right at 83" Which I can make fit, but not 84"

I just had to "mod" my garage this past weekend. Truck measured 84 and a quarter inches, with the garage door all the way up it measured 85" I had to rip out the top 2x6 header to get my truck to fit . I then put the top aluminum trim back in but backwards so it laid flat. I just need to repaint but turned out okay.

That's a little discouraging, everything I read online puts it right at 83" Which I can make fit, but not 84"

Looks like his cab lights could be adding the extra inch?

Mine fit in a standard 7’ (84”) garage door with the removal of weather stripping. I also have cab lights. The highest spot on the truck is the antennas on rear of the cab.

Looks like his cab lights could be adding the extra inch?
Nope not the cab lights, its the two black antenna covers. I put a level across them and measured to the ground and got 84 1/4. The antenna's are the highest point..

Y'all need some bigger garages! :D

size is probably preventing me from getting this truck....my work garage is too small. There's a larger high clearance truck area but I'm being told that that entire level is more expensive and for executives only. Every time I've gone in there aht whole area is just about empty....Trying to see if my company will get me access to that area and let me just pay the difference but haven't heard back yet. The whole garage has like 6'5" clearance except for that truck area on the D level which has like 25 foot clearance. Seriously depressing if I can't buy the truck because of this.

size is probably preventing me from getting this truck....my work garage is too small. There's a larger high clearance truck area but I'm being told that that entire level is more expensive and for executives only. Every time I've gone in there aht whole area is just about empty....Trying to see if my company will get me access to that area and let me just pay the difference but haven't heard back yet. The whole garage has like 6'5" clearance except for that truck area on the D level which has like 25 foot clearance. Seriously depressing if I can't buy the truck because of this.

Totally understand that. I have 4 parking ramps/garages available at work, and due to the Tremor size, I can only fit into one of them.

Back