Wife hit it out of the park!!!

Robert357

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F-250 Tremor 7.3
Current Ride #2
21 F-250 King Ranch 6.7
Came home from hunting in Montana and my wife surprised me with this for my birthday:
8E23AB3D-3B5D-45B6-BB04-AC8AFA69AB59.jpeg
918A9169-3869-41C5-831B-92455972734C.jpeg

Looks awesome man! What are the details? Year, engine, mods, etc.?
I just got it last night and had to go to church this am so I haven’t even read the build sheet yet. It’s a 1979, 400ci with a 6” suspension lift and running 35’s. I’m completely going through it today, CANT WAIT!!!

The restoration looks awesome! I had a ’76 and a ‘78 back in the early days, but they were standard cabs because crews cabs were not popular. I loved the giant stick shift that must have been 2’ long… You never used 1st gear because it was a creeper, so it was really like driving a manual 3-speed transmission. :cool:

EDIT: I just noticed it only has four cab lights, mine definitely had 5 … :unsure:

Last edited:
My first full size was a 79 F150 Explorer. Wish I still had it, my favorite by far. Congratulations buddy, you are a winner! 🍻

The restoration looks awesome! I had a ’76 and a ‘78 back in the early days, but they were standard cabs because crews cabs were not popular. I loved the giant stick shift that must have been 2’ long… You never used 1st gear because it was a creeper, so it was really like driving a manual 3-speed transmission. :cool:

EDIT: I just noticed it only has four cab lights, mine definitely had 5 … :unsure:
The vehicle I ever owned was a ‘78 standard cab. I loved that truck more than any other since. I remember the first time I saw a super cab bc it was the only time I was ever jealous of another truck.

Yes, the four cab lights are curious. I must imagine that they were added afterward/aftermarket.

Very cool ..

Back