Wi-Fi Hotspot

Adrenolin

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
RIP 03 Ford Explorer Sport XLT
Current Ride #2
Yamaha WR250R
Requires an AT&T account and subscription. Does a new F250 include a free trial? Is it worth adding over just using the data on your phone (iPhone)? I like that it includes both US and Canada as I travel to eastern Canada at least once a year for a month and my phone only has US service.

Retired IT but I'm completely ignorant and still old school regarding vehicles. :rolleyes:

Rich Pune

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
Requires an AT&T account and subscription. Does a new F250 include a free trial? Is it worth adding over just using the data on your phone (iPhone)? I like that it includes both US and Canada as I travel to eastern Canada at least once a year for a month and my phone only has US service.

Retired IT but I'm completely ignorant and still old school regarding vehicles. :rolleyes:
Does not come with free trial. I think it’s $20 a month. If you have an ATT mobile account already, it might be cheaper.

OP
Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
RIP 03 Ford Explorer Sport XLT
Current Ride #2
Yamaha WR250R
Just looking at their site and plans here. Says it "may be" eligible for 3 months or 3GB but haven't checked yet. For current customers its $10/mo or $20/mo Unlimited but noticed under the 'Not a customer' lists a PrePaid $280/24-mo unlimited plan which is under $12 /mo.

Was wondering if folks preferred it over syncing with their phone (is that possible) and using their phone's data or if having the WiFi-HotSpot paid and enabled offers anything more.

GA Lion

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
I doubt you’ll really need the WiFi if just using phone or tablet to access internet or stream tv or videos while traveling. 4K and even 5k is very prevalent along most decent sized highways in US (can’t speak to Canada.) I have a hotspot and only use it when traveling in vehicle If the wife or I are working on our computer and downloading or uploading large amounts of data via direct VPN circuit otherwise don’t need it. Up to you, I’d try it for awhile without incurring the cost and if you can’t get th3 access you want then bite the bullet and get the WiFi or a stand-alone hotspot similar to the one I use.

Attachments