TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
I am curious about the slow rate of delivery of the Tremor option. It appears only a few of them have actually landed at dealerships after 6 weeks of production. Just doing some quick math of the members on just this site it appears there is not a timely order-build-delivery process on Tremors so far. Ford is a company that has 2 manufacturing lines dedicated to producing Super Duty trucks in mass numbers 24/7. Where are they?

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, it just seems the math is not adding up so far in this year of production.

BigBill: serial #127, build completed 22 Nov, awaiting shipment
RockTaxi: serial #716, build started week of 10 Dec
LeoGeo: serial #734, build started week of 10 Dec
DerekC: serial #2597, build completed 9 Dec, in transit
Hammrod: serial #2794, build started week of 10 Dec
Abnmp557: serial #2872, build started week of 10 Dec

(This information is gathered from your window sticker and VIN#'s)

Last edited:
It does seem like they are rolling them out slower than usual. My truck was ordered on 10/2 and built on 12/9, #2597. Ford vehicle tracking site says it is in transit and has a projected arrival to my dealer somewhere between 12/29-1/4/20.

Some info / detective work to maybe help with your query. With a bit more spare time and concern my build may have suffered damage and was being repaired prior to delivery we dug in further. See attached "vehiclevisibility" thru Ford dealerconnection software. It Tracks every movement precisely. Of note for my truck was the long delay sent "off site" Nov. 23 and "released for shipment" Dec. 16. Further calls and I was told that the lift for the Tremor package is not done on the assembly line, but is done by Ford (not third party) in a separate building. This seems plausible with the "off site" location still being shown as the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2.
Could mine simply be the wait for box liner, then shuttle into the lift line? Also would CSx delay rail pick up until CPR could confirm a vehicle rail car for transfer in Gibson, Indiana? The rail strike (3 days) here was said to add a 7 day backlog in shipments.

Attachments

• 20191222_120924.jpg
    20191222_120924.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for the info, BigBill. I was told it is a company named Ground Effects (owned by Line-X?) that is off site in Louisville that does Ford's bedliner spray ins. Who knows they may very well be doing the lifts too. I am sure it will be worth the wait. My truck won't be here for almost another month. But hey my dealer told me February when I placed my order in September. So its all good.

Not 100% sure whats up but I will state that with the more detailed info I have ( as well as much more of the small clip I uploaded ). I know my truck did not leave Kentucky 2 plant site prior to hitting the CSx rail car.
The Vid clip is dated march 8, 2016 so I am wondering since this is early on when the factory options for bed liners started maybe there was a plan to transition to an on site, and more importantly, more profitable (less transport costs, less risk for damage, more control of process and QC, etc.) Kentucky 2 secondary building location production. Just wondering : )

If your dealer ordered the pickup as a stock unit those came faster and if your dealer was dumb like mine and said it was a custom order they got pushed to the back. The dealer even admitted to this mistake.

Some info / detective work to maybe help with your query. With a bit more spare time and concern my build may have suffered damage and was being repaired prior to delivery we dug in further. See attached "vehiclevisibility" thru Ford dealerconnection software. It Tracks every movement precisely. Of note for my truck was the long delay sent "off site" Nov. 23 and "released for shipment" Dec. 16. Further calls and I was told that the lift for the Tremor package is not done on the assembly line, but is done by Ford (not third party) in a separate building. This seems plausible with the "off site" location still being shown as the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2.
Could mine simply be the wait for box liner, then shuttle into the lift line? Also would CSx delay rail pick up until CPR could confirm a vehicle rail car for transfer in Gibson, Indiana? The rail strike (3 days) here was said to add a 7 day backlog in shipments.
????
Seems like Ford trys hard to be sneaky.
At least you get accurate info and transparency.
The waiting really sux.
(Im on my 2nd round)

If your dealer ordered the pickup as a stock unit those came faster and if your dealer was dumb like mine and said it was a custom order they got pushed to the back. The dealer even admitted to this mistake.
Yup, dealer had stock Ford first F350 coming that he went in and reconfigured to what I wanted with me sitting next to him. And he did mention it would have an elevated priority code. Hence my name isn't on the vehicle line item on the spreadsheets.

I try to get good info but it can sometimes be second or third hand so still use a grain of salt. I have learned over the years things may not be as they appear or what makes the most sense as well?
As to your waiting I had a quick audit done at my Dealer for delivery times on custom orders in the last year. Shocked as most were in the 5 month +/- 2 weeks range (all platforms).

things may not be as they appear or what makes the most sense as well?

In the steel mills up here, we say..."We make steel here, not sense."
Sounds like, in their case it would be:
"We make trucks here ...not sense."

Tends to be the case in about every industrial environment I've ever worked in.

Back