Why did you pick the tremor package?

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
I was wondering why everyone else picked this package? Other places on the internet, folks would not pick this package and I thought I would like to know what made you guys pick it?

I will tell you why I picked it. It checks a lot of the boxes on the first things I do to my super duty trucks( I have had 2, 2011 and 2015 both 6.7). I level them and install shocks, leave the stock wheels and installed either 295/65/20 or 35x12.50x20 tires. I live on and travel dirt roads and sometimes it's like off roading just to get to work. Lets not forget how cool these really look as compared to a none tremor. I feel that I would have spent almost as much money (not to mention time) just to get the look. Throw in a lot of other features like limited slip front axle and rock crawl, mud and snow mode, it makes for a no brainer to me.

Side note I was going to skip the sport package as well and do a lot of it myself. My wife said I was being foolish not getting it from the factory. I changed my order two weeks later!

I wanted a truck like my Raptor that I can pull my 40' 5 th wheel then disconnect the camper and do some light off road. Trading in my 2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ. It did the work but I got bored of it. The Dodge Power wagon can't pull my RV and the Chevy off road package is just emblems no suspension and smaller tires. Tremor 6.7 has 1050lb-ft. or the 7.3 is the most awesome gas engine on the market right now.
I am ordered the 6.7 with Sport package. I love the Raptor but its not a work truck, its awful at any towing over 2,000 lbs. SO we have lifted it and fitted it with 37' Nittos now its the weekend play truck and my go to will be the Tremor. I plan to drive the Tremor weekends that we spend in the RV and it will be my work truck. I can move my skid loader and attachments with it. I just need to reconfigure my pintle hitch for the taller height of the Tremor as my Chevy sits pretty low and find a 3" pintle receiver.

The 10 speed trans and Aluminum body also influenced my decision. Years ago I bought a lot of Ram Turbo diesel trucks The transmissions failed all the time and the body's rusted out in 2-3 years with our salt on the roads. Bought my daughter an aluminum bodied jap car with 200,000 miles on it as her first car. The aluminum body still looks perfect after all the winter driving. So I hope to enjoy many years in my new Ford Tremor.

I wanted a truck like my Raptor that I can pull my 40' 5 th wheel then disconnect the camper and do some light off road. Trading in my 2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ. It did the work but I got bored of it. The Dodge Power wagon can't pull my RV and the Chevy off road package is just emblems no suspension and smaller tires. Tremor 6.7 has 1050lb-ft. or the 7.3 is the most awesome gas engine on the market right now.
I am ordered the 6.7 with Sport package. I love the Raptor but its not a work truck, its awful at any towing over 2,000 lbs. SO we have lifted it and fitted it with 37' Nittos now its the weekend play truck and my go to will be the Tremor. I plan to drive the Tremor weekends that we spend in the RV and it will be my work truck. I can move my skid loader and attachments with it. I just need to reconfigure my pintle hitch for the taller height of the Tremor as my Chevy sits pretty low and find a 3" pintle receiver.

The 10 speed trans and Aluminum body also influenced my decision. Years ago I bought a lot of Ram Turbo diesel trucks The transmissions failed all the time and the body's rusted out in 2-3 years with our salt on the roads. Bought my daughter an aluminum bodied jap car with 200,000 miles on it as her first car. The aluminum body still looks perfect after all the winter driving. So I hope to enjoy many years in my new Ford Tremor.
You have a Raptor and a Tremor and your daughter drives a pop can.

Originally I was looking to build a f350 FX4 crew with a long bed.

The wife didn't like the look of such a long truck. She also worried about manuvering it in the city.

We want to be able to tow a 5th wheel maybe 10 times a year so having a truck build as a daily driver rather than a full time tow rig made me show her the Tremor.

She totally fell for it. The tremor also had a lot of things that I'd probably upgrade in it. I'd raised the front end, add better shocks, Bigger tires, black wheels etc... This truck had it done already ALL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY.

The way it looked I can have a decent towing truck for my needs and a good off road truck as well.

Since she pays the bills WE settled on the Tremor ?

You have a Raptor and a Tremor and your daughter drives a pop can.
HAHA THATS KINDA FUNNY ! When she got her license we got her an Infinity M35 because it was a large 4 door with all wheel drive. Had a ton of miles on it but was a good solid car for her. Gotta say that aluminum bodied car looked great after being 11 years old and heavy salt and snow driving. No rust on the body at all. I hate when you spend a ton of money on a truck and in 3-5 years it has rust all over the body cause of our salt and chemical treatments for ice. Main reason I got away from the RAM trucks. They seem to be the first to rust out. I am very happy with the paint quality on my other Ford products and the Tremor should be no exception.

I went for the tremor because like others have mentioned, I could drive it off the lot liking it. If I had not gotten the tremor, I would be looking at wheels, tires, lift or level kit etc.

Between tires, black wheels (which I actually like the looks of) and a level kit, it would have been the cost of what the tremor package was.

I wanted a power wagon but didn’t want an Italian owner, Mexican built dodge gasser built on a 10 year old platform.

Hahaha, I had my one and only dodge back in 06’, never again . Plenty of people are a fan of them but I certainly am not.

Also, the disconnecting sway bar on the power wagon always fails. And a front locker is really only useful in a few situations. For 95% of off-roading that you can do in a 20’ long truck, a rear locker is enough.
But the main reason I got the tremor package is because it has everything need to head outdoors and includes a factory warranty. No need to get aftermarket wheels tires lift etc. as soon as the winch comes in I’ll be set.

Last edited:
Great question @Bullitt. The psychology behind a $75k toy.

For me it was a way to dip my toe in the water for not much money. I downhill mountain bike and at this stage of my life I don't recover from injury as quickly. In the next few years I know high speed, high consequence riding won't be a thing I can really do anymore. I've been looking for an activity to replace biking that is a bit safer but still provides a thrill. So I settled on off-roading. I've never really done it and it looks awesome. Since I was looking for a new truck anyways, I spent a little extra to get the Tremor package. The idea being to dabble in off-roading and learn the basics. If I enjoy it, then I'll take the money I dump on bikes (they're $$$) and build up a side by side. I head to Moab about every other year to bike; the stuff I see dudes doing is incredible. Definitely taking the Tremor down there shortly after I get it. Obviously I won't do anything gnarly like Cliffhanger, but Kane Creek and Baby Lions Back seem doable.

It was the 35” tires and color matched wheel lip moldings that made me choose the Tremor package. In the past I always had to modify the truck’s programming to add 35” tires in order to correct the speedometer and shifting points. Those changes always could mess with the warranty depending on the issue and the dealer’s mood at the time.

Add the LED light package, black leather interior, spray in bed-liner, payload & towing capacity and a 3” receiver hitch on the F350 Lariat Sport. Not to mention 1050 lb-ft of torque, and I was like “Oh Hell Yeah, Sold!!!!”

I got it because it's basically how i set my 2015 F350. On 35x12.5x18's so it rides better. And put Fox shocks on it.
So it seemed like a good option to have it part way to where i wanted it right from the factory.
Also the increased ground clearance appealed to me.
I drive on a lot of gravel, snow, mud, and on ripped up wooden matting on oilfield leases.

Pull hay for the cows, and take my D90 wheeling. Dogs love the room. Had a SC tricked out 12 screw Raptor. Was great, but my cow habit has expanded, which requires some fifth wheel fun. So I sold my 92 Dodge workhorse w 360k on the clock and decided to get the Tremor. Check out the old school F350 taking away the Dodge.

Attachments

• 69EF7D9F-C500-45EF-87D4-0648B27425D6.jpeg
    69EF7D9F-C500-45EF-87D4-0648B27425D6.jpeg
    675.2 KB · Views: 175
Pull hay for the cows, and take my D90 wheeling. Dogs love the room. Had a SC tricked out 12 screw Raptor. Was great, but my cow habit has expanded, which requires some fifth wheel fun. So I sold my 92 Dodge workhorse w 360k on the clock and decided to get the Tremor. Check out the old school F350 taking away the Dodge.
Awesome paint scheme.

I just logged a 750 mile road trip on mine, and while it was only highway and college campus cruising, both my wife and I said we would change nothing. My last trip was a hunting / ranch / dirt road / rocky pasture trip, and all I would change is to add winches and lights.

The truck is set up great for 99% of what I will use it for, straight from the factory.

Next on the list is bumpers, winches, driving and work lights and cargo rack / roof top tent set up for remote camping.

There is currently no need to modify the actual vehicle. Ford nailed it.

Ed

I LOVED MY 13 RAPTOR JUST THE BED WAS A LITTLE SMALL HAD TO KEEP THE TAILGATE OPEN WHEN HAULING MY QUAD. SO I TRADED IT IN FOR SOMETHING BIGGER WITH ALMOST THE SAME CAPABILITIES AS MY RAPTOR (I WISH I COULD HAVE BOTH)

Next on the list is bumpers, winches, driving and work lights and cargo rack / roof top tent set up for remote camping.

Hmmm, this is what Google produced when I searched that.
Is something like this what you are reffering to?

Back