Who Hates their CRAPPY looking fake wood trim?

I think it looks fine. It's a Ford HD truck, not a Range Rover or G-Wagon. The overall quality and fit and finish actually surpassed my expectations, Ford has come a long way IMO.

Not a huge fan of the wood look either, not sure why they wouldnt do the graphite carbon fibre like whats in certain trims/packages on the f150’s etc.

I think it looks fine. It's a Ford HD truck, not a Range Rover or G-Wagon. The overall quality and fit and finish actually surpassed my expectations, Ford has come a long way IMO.
Problem is they are going backwards. The 21 version and earlier looks much better 🙌 down.

How difficult is it to remove those wood colored pieces so they can be properly wrapped and reinstalled?

I've been checking out the offerings from 3M and I've found one or two that are close but not quite perfect.

Awhile back, I bought 4 small molded plastic pieces ( maybe on Ebay or Amazon ?? ) that cover the wood grain portion on the door panels. Full disclosure, I haven't seen them yet. We're away so often, it's like Christmas every time we get home ..
My initial thoughts were having "Tremor" stitched into Leather or Canvas and wrapping each one. I imagine these pieces may need a little trimming before covering, thats cool ..

I might be interested in these covers... Are the trim pieces swappable with the F150 ones? (I would assume so since they share the same cab...) I'll ask my dealer to see if they can just order the OEM ones from the Raptor and swap them out...did anyone else do that though?

Should have seen it on my "special ordered " 1983 F250 XLT.

I might be interested in these covers... Are the trim pieces swappable with the F150 ones? (I would assume so since they share the same cab...) I'll ask my dealer to see if they can just order the OEM ones from the Raptor and swap them out...did anyone else do that though?

I don't think that part is a separate replaceable part.

Im one of the folks that thinks nothing wrong with the muted wood trim pieces in my lariat. Certainly dont fit my emotions into the 3 words in the post title “hates, fake and crappy” .
Yep, like mine too

I thought these were removable with a trim tool and could be replaced with another one.

I thought these were removable with a trim tool and could be replaced with another one.
My 2020 came delivered with a scratch on one of the rear door trim pieces. I was going to have the dealership replace it, but it was going to require replacing a large part of the door panel (that’s at least what they told me), so I decided to just leave it alone rather than risk getting something else damaged or improperly fit by the random technician who would end up trying to replace it. I was expecting the trim piece to be easily replaced, but apparently it’s part of a larger panel.

They are plastic riveted to the door panel. Removal requires cutting the plastic rivet. If memory serves, they are not sold individually and only part of the door panel. There is a company called CalPony that sells carbon fiber ones for an insane price. Their install video is here:
. Jumping to 1:31 in the video it shows them cutting the plastic rivets off.

Back