Who has replaced WINDSHIELD??

Swear I am a magnet for rocks........4 windshields in 6 years on my f150, my 19 Edge is on shield #2, my 18 Escape 2, and my Tremor had 1 repair on day 5, and now I have a half dollar sized hit right in my vision. Sheesh.

10 days and Bamm. New windshield was installed yesterday and waiting on them to call me so I can pick up today… also lost a damn hub cap prepping lease for hunting season. Truck already has some bad luck. But I bought to use it!

Attachments

• 30C63632-0C68-4D2F-8A5C-D7725AAE12C6.jpeg
    30C63632-0C68-4D2F-8A5C-D7725AAE12C6.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 44
10 days and Bamm. New windshield was installed yesterday and waiting on them to call me so I can pick up today… also lost a damn hub cap prepping lease for hunting season. Truck already has some bad luck. But I bought to use it!
Btw, I found I have to always check the hub caps after a dealer messes with the truck. They tend to not pay attention and not snap them completely on.

Btw, I found I have to always check the hub caps after a dealer messes with the truck. They tend to not pay attention and not snap them completely on.
Good call and for sure will start checking. My carwash also has a "wheel blaster" part and that may have loosened as that thing shoots some pretty high pressure spray to clean tires and wheel.

Do you have the heated element in your shield? I am kinda guessing no since you live in a warm climate. I have the element and am a bit cautious around all the dump trucks around here.

I would recommend sticking with a factory windshield. I’ve done the aftermarket and they seem to chip easier.
It took Ford about 4 attempts to replace my windshield. I guess they do not package those well coming from the Ford factory. Two came in with chips and cracks. one came in even though the forklift drove right through it with the forks.

Carlex/Carlight is what I got. Factory windshield. Calibration seems spot on. No wind noise doing 90 so we will wait a few days and run through car wash. I expect to have no issues. With that this black rubber part not sitting flush and hope sun and time will let it mold back. Curious can someone snap a pic theirs

Attachments

• A2D38216-59C9-44AD-AE39-8D698498DBBA.jpeg
    A2D38216-59C9-44AD-AE39-8D698498DBBA.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 50
Carlex/Carlight is what I got. Factory windshield. Calibration seems spot on. No wind noise doing 90 so we will wait a few days and run through car wash. I expect to have no issues. With that this black rubber part not sitting flush and hope sun and time will let it mold back. Curious can someone snap a pic theirs
Never mind just had to push down on plastic and tabs snapped in a now flush. All good.

Had to put a new heated windshield on our Tremor a few weeks ago. Very pricey $1050.
It started as a simple quarter sized star.... after being in the direct sun at a NC boat ramp it developed into an 8" or so horizontal crack, directly in the drivers view. AARRGG.

Had to put a new heated windshield on our Tremor a few weeks ago. Very pricey $1050.
It started as a simple quarter sized star.... after being in the direct sun at a NC boat ramp it developed into an 8" or so horizontal crack, directly in the drivers view. AARRGG.
Ok, have to ask: our trucks have a heated windshield? Is this only for certain trims/packages?

What is the heating for? De-icing? De-fogging? Both?

Interesting! Looks like they removed that as an option with 21MY and it’s still gone with 22MY.
I don't think they offer it any more, so I am concerned if my shield cracks in the future, I may not be able to replace it with the heated one. With a diesel engine you need it because the engine does not warm up until you are under a load ( going down the road.)

I don't think they offer it any more, so I am concerned if my shield cracks in the future, I may not be able to replace it with the heated one. With a diesel engine you need it because the engine does not warm up until you are under a load ( going down the road.)
I would hope Ford would stock the appropriate windshield for quite a number of years like anything else. Though with time there’s a higher likelihood of needing to wait for it.

Does the rapid cab heater for the diesel help warm up the air in all vents much faster and alleviate that issue?

Unless the crack is right in my direct view of the road, I usually leave them until right before I get rid of the truck. I have been lucky so far with this truck, but my others have all been replaced at one time or another. 🤞

Does the rapid cab heater for the diesel help warm up the air in all vents much faster and alleviate that issue?
It does my 6.7 Tremor heats up faster than my old d max and Cummins trucks. The Tremor is the top dog in the cold winters.

Back