Who has experienced a regen or exhaust filter situation

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
I have 6k miles and try to not use for short trips. Have not experienced any type of "regen" or other exhaust filter messages. I did however use a lot of DEF fluid pulling my 5th wheel and other trailers.

I enabled the regen screen though forscan, on a 2,500 mile road trip I regened 4 or 5 times. My def tank was completely full when I began, the range went down but the guage still red full. The truck uses much more def on city driving.

Only the 2011-16 trucks tell you when they go into regen. The 2017 thru current trucks do not tell you when they go into regen.

Only the 2011-16 trucks tell you when they go into regen. The 2017 thru current trucks do not tell you when they go into regen.
That’s a head scratcher. Isn’t it bad to shut down during the regen?

I know when i was idling my truck in my front lawn trying to update my SYNC that it went into regen, and i could tell because it was at high idle.

While running you most likely wont notice a regen since the engine is hot and at higher rpm. When at idle you will notice a regen as it should automatically kick the RPMs up, a few hundred to build heat.

On my heavy equipment, sales people have told me its ok to shutdown during a regen if it has the ability to restart on the next trip automatically. However, the mechanics on the service side have told me to just let it perform the regen and advise not shutting it down since it has to reach temp to restart regen. If you shutdown and the next trip is too short then it never starts back up to finish the regen and waits till the next trip or time that conditions allow it to restart. Personally on all my equipment if it is in a regen we let it finish and keep it running, it usually is 20-30 minutes so not too bad, but if we pause it it seems to be a longer process. This is all based on my experience with my equipment, maybe the 6.7 is different.

Back